1st bike... not what you think

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2008, 01:32 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 1st bike... not what you think

Interesting thread brought back from the depths of 2006! Well done! The search function rocks!

First non-dirt bike... 2006 Honda Rebel 250. Never wrecked it, but man that thing is/was a blast (sold it to my mom, she rides it now!). I get off my CBR and on the Rebel and it still puts a big grin on my face. It's almost silly how much fun that little 250 can be... scrapping pegs, sliding the rear end up to a stop-sign, tearing down a gravel driveway under heavy throttle... ahh. Tons of fun.

The only time it ever got "Scary" to me... after I got used to it (and I thought it was a speed MONSTER back in the day), was being wide open on the highway and having cars close around me... then the wind would shift or I'd start going up a hill and the speed would start to drop some. I'd feel trapped... moving left and right and the brake were my only saviors. This did nothing when someone was riding your butt. On the highway, I couldn't "get away" from danger. I never did like that feeling.

Old 02-09-2008, 03:36 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 1st bike... not what you think

This bike was sweet. Plenty of power for a new rider. Only problem was it was heavy as hell.