09 RR anyone heard anything??

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2008, 05:13 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default RE: 09 RR anyone heard anything??

a slipper clutch n ABS is for those who cant control their bikes. Most racers have em now yes, but most have em set so they rarely do anything. I rathers have a updated appearance, more/smoother performance, and lil things like a gear indicator.

Old 08-16-2008, 05:33 PM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: PlayfulGod

a slipper clutch n ABS is for those who cant control their bikes.
I couldn't disagree more. That's like me saying "well, gear indicators are for people who can't count", which would be far from the truth. It's there as an aide to assist the rider. ABS and a slipper clutch would work in the same way, to serve as an aide in case you cross the line into which you would absolutely need them.

Since Honda hasn't put any of that on their bikes though, who knows. It could be an amazing innovation that changes sportbikes forever, or it could be an absolute joke. But I'm going to keep an open mind about it and wait for it to come out to give it a try myself before making any accusations as to whether it is or isn't good to have.

Old 08-16-2008, 05:46 PM

ORIGINAL: Blue Fox

ORIGINAL: PlayfulGod

a slipper clutch n ABS is for those who cant control their bikes.
I couldn't disagree more. That's like me saying "well, gear indicators are for people who can't count", which would be far from the truth. It's there as an aide to assist the rider. ABS and a slipper clutch would work in the same way, to serve as an aide in case you cross the line into which you would absolutely need them.

Since Honda hasn't put any of that on their bikes though, who knows. It could be an amazing innovation that changes sportbikes forever, or it could be an absolute joke. But I'm going to keep an open mind about it and wait for it to come out to give it a try myself before making any accusations as to whether it is or isn't good to have.
I still stand by my previous comment. Tho I do agree with what you are saying too. But research it, most racers dont like em, ie. you cant back it in with a slipper clutch like you can w/o one. I've not ran into a situation where either would help me any more than me knowing how to use what my bike has. Your experiences may differ like with your crash. See my view better now? I'm not dissing the new tech, I just think they take away from learning how to properly control a bike.

Old 08-16-2008, 10:12 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well I would like to think they could stiffin the front and weaken the rear....since it seems the bike was set up for someone weighing 1 buck fitty.....I have torked mine to the ends just to ride it but for the best I need new springs....so instead of the powercommander and custom map....I would choose suspension....does anyone know about what time we should be hearing or seeing something???

Old 08-17-2008, 12:59 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

from now on, suspension is the 1st mod 4 me.

Old 08-17-2008, 01:40 AM

i saw something on youtube a few weeks ago that had pixs of future bike coming out in 09, went back to look for it, but cant find it. It had something that it said was the 09' 600rr not sure though. what i saw looked like the 08' 1000rr. its just what i saw..... heres a website that was under the so call 09' 600rr pix. Motorevue.com let me know if anyone finds it, because i couldn'.

Old 08-19-2008, 10:07 AM

Well I dont know if this is it or not....but I found what appears to be a pic of the NEW RR let me know if Iam wrong....
linky>>>http://www.motorcyclespecs.co.za/mod...600rr%2009.htm

looks like higher shorter tail section as in 1000k and gp exhaust following suit....

Old 08-19-2008, 10:58 AM

I think it looks Sweet.
I like how they brought back the ducts in the seat.
Wish they would powder coat the rear sets & pegs black.
I wish it wasn't, so that way I don't want to wait for one

Old 08-19-2008, 11:01 AM

I yet to see a GP bike with a shorty pipe like that tho lol.

MotoGP bike have 2 or 3 small cans on em.

Thats more like squidly exhaust. and if it were to come with a tail pipe than short n small, it would have a muffler heavy as hell under it.

Quick Reply: 09 RR anyone heard anything??