'08 600RR Stator Cover

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2012, 09:10 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '08 600RR Stator Cover

Morning folks!

Recently derped while practicing on the bike and went down. I'm in the process of replacing anything that was broken/damaged (with the exception of the scuffs on the plastics, those are staying as a reminder to not derp again. They'll be fixed much later down the line)

I went down on the left side, and even though I probably absorbed the majority of the impact, my stator cover was pretty scratched up. Nothing bent or indented that I can see though.

Question is - is this an urgent replacement or can it be put on the back burner for a while? Was honestly thinking of removing it when my stands get in, throwing a couple of coats of flat black on it and reinstalling.

Recommendations?

Old 06-27-2012, 12:57 PM

Originally Posted by Aver
Morning folks!

Recently derped while practicing on the bike and went down. I'm in the process of replacing anything that was broken/damaged (with the exception of the scuffs on the plastics, those are staying as a reminder to not derp again. They'll be fixed much later down the line)

I went down on the left side, and even though I probably absorbed the majority of the impact, my stator cover was pretty scratched up. Nothing bent or indented that I can see though.

Question is - is this an urgent replacement or can it be put on the back burner for a while? Was honestly thinking of removing it when my stands get in, throwing a couple of coats of flat black on it and reinstalling.

Recommendations?
As long as it's not cracked or the scratches aren't too deep you should be ok.

There are a number of ways to go about covering it up along with replacing it.

GB Racing cover, hard to see in this pic

But it's this cover here

You could also cover it with a carbon fiber cover

R & G Racing has a cover as well

Agras has a slider cover

And Woodcraft just replaces the whole thing

Old 06-27-2012, 03:24 PM

Awesome, thanks much for the response!