Is '08 600rr out yet?

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2007, 02:50 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Is '08 600rr out yet?

check out ebay. they have some pretty clean eliminators.well, if you dont have to worry about cops.some have just a tag and a little brake light bar above it. very clean.i'm gettin one myself.the cops here are pretty dumb. they prob won't know the difference

Old 11-09-2007, 12:42 AM

ORIGINAL: OC949Rider

ORIGINAL: F4Boy

I picked up a red/black '08 today!!!!!!! Got it at Temecula Motorsports, and boy am I pumped. Traded a '00 F4. Feels much stronger than the F4 everywhere (under 5-6000 rpm) Great seating position and seems very comfy. Love the way the gauges set when you turn on the ignition. Can't wait to break this thing in this weekend. Just gorgeous!!! Temecula also had the '08 orange/blk.
Congratulations on the new bike. Would you mind sharing what you paid OTD for your 08?
Thanks...

Don't mind at all...paid $9700 otd. That $8200 for the '07 is ridiculous. The market out here is totally different. Doesn't matter, the bike is just stunning, and I can't wait to ride it tomorrow!!

Old 11-09-2007, 10:18 AM

Wow, $8,200 for an 07. That is a steal.

Thanks for the info on your 08 F4Boy. I'm looking to pick up a new CBR soon so that gives me a good idea on pricing in the area. By the way, the 08 red/black looks great.

Old 11-09-2007, 07:28 PM

Hey OCRider, I assmume you're on the other side of the hill. I'm in Murrieta. I'll be at The Lookout tomorrow morning (weather permitting - these weather genius' can't make up their mind for tomorrow) up Ortega if you want to take a look. I'm up there almost every Saturday. As far as the deal I got, I think it's very good. Theyhad the '08 for five days when I bought, and I BUSTED their chops pretty good on the price. They wouldn't budge from 9700. I called two other dealers, West Coast and Escondido, and they both laughed at me at $9700 and said get it if you can, both of them, likeI was BSing, which of course I wasn't. Just wanted this bike ASAP!!!!!

Was out for a little bit today, and this thing is just a dream. Everything (engine, tranny, handling, BRAKES!, cockpit/gauges, lever feel, etc, etc)feltfantastic. I couldn't stop staring at it when I was off it....and neither could anyone else. LOL Everyone was checking it out and a few made some comments. It was funny. Anyway, good luck on getting it. You'll love it I'm sure. What are you riding now? I sold a '98 VFR last week, and now the F4...was happy to keep it but I thought about the maintenance that was coming up....valves/plugs/air filter/LABOR, tires, chain and sprockets, etc. I was also thinking of getting a pipe for the F4, then I thought why pump two grand or whatever in to an eight year old bike when you could just get the bike of your (wet) dreams???? With that rationalization (is that a word?) the decision was easy!!!!

Old 11-09-2007, 11:03 PM

$8200 OTD for an '07? Jesus Christ!!!! ...apparently I paid too much. i kinda wish i never found this forum now, LOL

Old 11-10-2007, 01:34 AM

papi i wouldn't feel to bad. i think the price is based alot on where you live, so you prob didn't get a bad price for your area. i got my 2004 brand new in monterery, ca (high cost of living area) and paid approx $9200 OTD.

Old 11-10-2007, 01:58 PM

hahaha congrats on the new bike would like to hear your responses after you've broken in your bike :P

Old 11-10-2007, 11:01 PM

ORIGINAL: F4Boy

Hey OCRider, I assmume you're on the other side of the hill. I'm in Murrieta. I'll be at The Lookout tomorrow morning (weather permitting - these weather genius' can't make up their mind for tomorrow) up Ortega if you want to take a look. I'm up there almost every Saturday. As far as the deal I got, I think it's very good. Theyhad the '08 for five days when I bought, and I BUSTED their chops pretty good on the price. They wouldn't budge from 9700. I called two other dealers, West Coast and Escondido, and they both laughed at me at $9700 and said get it if you can, both of them, likeI was BSing, which of course I wasn't. Just wanted this bike ASAP!!!!!

Was out for a little bit today, and this thing is just a dream. Everything (engine, tranny, handling, BRAKES!, cockpit/gauges, lever feel, etc, etc)feltfantastic. I couldn't stop staring at it when I was off it....and neither could anyone else. LOL Everyone was checking it out and a few made some comments. It was funny. Anyway, good luck on getting it. You'll love it I'm sure. What are you riding now? I sold a '98 VFR last week, and now the F4...was happy to keep it but I thought about the maintenance that was coming up....valves/plugs/air filter/LABOR, tires, chain and sprockets, etc. I was also thinking of getting a pipe for the F4, then I thought why pump two grand or whatever in to an eight year old bike when you could just get the bike of your (wet) dreams???? With that rationalization (is that a word?) the decision was easy!!!!
Guess I didn't get your posting in time. I'd love to meet up one day and check out your bike. I hope you had a great ride. I am in the RSM/Mission Viejo area, just north of Ortega. I am currently riding a Yamaha YZF600R. Can't wait to get my new CBR600 though. Good luck with your new bike.

Old 11-11-2007, 10:05 AM

Great ride! This RR is fantastic in the twisties. Ran my side of the hill a few times and had a blast. Breaking it in and was in 5th and 6th most of the way trying not to get the revs too high, where I'm ususally in 2nd and 3rd. Tires all ready to go now and look forward to ridingas much as possible.

I used to live in RSM...was just there last week. I'm upOrtega at The Lookout almost every Saturdayunless we do a different ride or bad weather. So, anytime basically, just come up. Or we can be in touch and meet. Next week will be Ortega at least, maybe go down to Palomar/Julian. See how the fires destroyed the area.

Old 11-11-2007, 10:41 AM

ORIGINAL: OC949Rider

Wow, $8,200 for an 07. That is a steal.

Thanks for the info on your 08 F4Boy. I'm looking to pick up a new CBR soon so that gives me a good idea on pricing in the area. By the way, the 08 red/black looks great.
Yeah, I think I got a really good price on mine. It was a little better because I offered cash for the bike and the dealer agreed to let me do all of the title/registration/tags/tax work on my own, which saved me paying the steep dealer fee to do it. The price I paid the dealer was $7899 plus $5 for a temporary cardboard Virginia tag to get the bike home.

The next day I went to Virginia DOT, after pre-filling out a form I downloaded off of their web site. I handed the clerk my form, the certificate of origin I rec'd from the dealer, and my sales receipt. About three or four minutes later, I handed the clerk a check for $322 (which coverered everything including the extra cost of a very sick personalized license tag) and I was out the door, everything done, with a temporary metal license tag to use until my personal tag comes in the mail.

So all told it was $7899 + $5 + $322 = $8226

Quick Reply: Is '08 600rr out yet?