07 RR questions for new buyer.

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2007, 03:52 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 07 RR questions for new buyer.

Hello all! I am currently a new member and have some questions to ask those of you who have an 07 RR. First and ForemostI have put a holding fee on a brand new 07 600RR White/Sliver. I was wonder how many of you have had problems with it if any? For whatI have read on honda.com it seems they changed almost EVERYTHING on this bike to make it lighter and easier to handle(compared to the GSXR and R6). This basically concerns me a little due to possible design flaws/problemsI could encounter.

My main question is ifI should purchase the entended warranty. I am not the "hardcore" riding type. I will 90% of the time easy/slow going on my bike. I will have my usual moments to feel the power though. But, I also live in Jackson Michigan and that means 5 or so months out of the year the bike will be sitting in the garage begging me to ride it. Is it worth the extra $600 or shouldI just take my chances?

I am soon to bea new bike owner soI will have many newbie questions for many of you down the road. I appreciate allof those that reply to this post!

Schmit

P.S The thing that sold me the most was the exhust out from underthe seat and the White/Silver color!

Old 06-25-2007, 04:22 PM
Default RE: 07 RR questions for new buyer.

i was never too hot on extended warrantys...to me i think it's just a waste of money...my 2cents...

Old 06-25-2007, 08:03 PM

Save the money on the ext waranty, and use it for the Motorcycle Safety Foundation Basic Rider Course, also... Buy the best gear you can get (Helmet, Jacket, Gloves, Pants and Boots. ) that will help keep you safe, and make the whole experience more enjoyable. than you can move on to the Experienced Rider Course. As long as you give the bike the proper maintenance, you should be fine.

Old 06-25-2007, 08:49 PM

Love mine... Not a single problem.... It is a much lighter bike I will tell you that! My going 1 tooth down on the front sprocket may have not been my best decision because it wants to come up on me in 1st-3rd now..
I have yet to lose to any other 600, especially GSXR's (not even close).. I actually give the 750 GSXR's a run for the money up until about 130-150... But a ZX6 cannot hang! This bike is amazing and you will enjoy it as much as I have...

DH

Old 06-25-2007, 10:37 PM

Not one problem yet. Have almost 2k miles and still running like the day I bought her. I didn't go with the ext warrenty, I'd rather spend the money on other things.

Old 06-25-2007, 11:10 PM

Warranties are a personal decision, largely on your comfort level. Personally, I don't purchase extended warranties on Honda products. This is based on my experience with Honda products, as well as observations of friends who have purchased Honda products. Between my mower, S2000, and now my 2007 CBR 600RR, I figure that even if I have go pay for an engine replacement, I will still come out ahead.

Again, depends on your comfort level.

On my 2006 Mercedes Benz E500 4Matic, I got a 7 year extended warranty when I purchased the car new, which I plan on using!

Old 06-26-2007, 09:25 AM

Well you all gave me the answerI basically expected... I have already bought a HJC helmet, an icon Titanium plated jacket, and Icon merc Gloves. Also i currently own a 2005 Honda Civic SI and i have previously owned a 2001 Civic LX. Both cars i have had 0 problems with. So i expect the same quality on the Honda motorcycles. And i heard that the CBR is the "Best" build sport production bike as far as quality is concerned. Thank you all for replying to this and helping me make my decision!!

Old 06-26-2007, 11:07 AM

I purchased the extended warranty for my 07 cbr 600. I hope that I never need to use it but should something breakI have it. The extended warranty was 600.00. When you calculate this into your payment its only about 11.00 a month.

Old 06-26-2007, 06:47 PM

I bought the extended warranty but only because it is a brand new model and the warranty was only $400.

I believe that Honda makes high quality motorcycles but I also know that they did not have enough time to do any long term testing with the new bike, so it is possible that something could go wrong. Yes, even Honda could make a mistake. A lot of people have put on a good amount of miles on the new '07 without any issues but I am someone who puts a lot of miles on his bikes in a hurry, so the added peace of mind was worth it to me.

Old 06-26-2007, 11:39 PM

Hell if you guys wont buy a basically free extended warranty, why even get insurance? The 600 is more than worth it, if you want to sell it in two years you will get every bit of that 600 back and more!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: 07 RR questions for new buyer.