'05 600RR and front stem stand

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2005, 06:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '05 600RR and front stem stand

I'm wondering if any of you had run into this and I'm surprised no one has posted about this yet....

I had to relocate my horn (yes, the beep-beep) in order to use my front stem stand. It just gets in the way. Anybody else run into this???

I made a ghetto bracket out of a plastic spatula, drilled some holes in it, mounted the horn to it, and then secured it to the fairing stay with zip ties. [sm=lol.gif]

Old 07-20-2005, 07:23 PM
Admin Emeritus & MVN
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: '05 600RR and front stem stand

Geez, thanks Honda ... Not! So I thought the RR's were practically separated at birth but my 1kRR works fine with my LP front stand. Only deal with the 1kRR is I either have to put a thick towel on the fender or remove the fender to keep from scratching when bike is fully down.

Old 07-20-2005, 07:30 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: '05 600RR and front stem stand

ORIGINAL: chainstretcher

Geez, thanks Honda ... Not!
W3RD!!! I also had a similar response when I drained the antifreeze to put in water and water wetter for the track. The drain bolt for the cylinder block is directly behind one of the header tubes making it inacessible. You also can't get to it from the side with an open end wrench because there's too much other crap in the way. What was Honda thinking???? [:@]

So I thought the RR's were practically separated at birth but my 1kRR works fine with my LP front stand. Only deal with the 1kRR is I either have to put a thick towel on the fender or remove the fender to keep from scratching when bike is fully down.
I have a Pit Bull. Although I don't have your problem, the Pit Bull stem has a little screw on the pin that can be adjusted so that the stand itself won't interfere with your fairings. Maybe your LP has something similar?????