'03 600rr ddm 35w 6000k

Old 09-23-2011, 09:41 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '03 600rr ddm 35w 6000k

First off, let me say that YES....shipping is slooooooow with these guys. Ordered from their website Sept. 1 and didn't get them until just yesterday. Website says 7-8 days at your door...but apparently thats kinda maybe once they ship from China. Took well over a week for them to even note my order as "processed" on the DDM site.

Paid $53 shipped which I felt was good. You can't beat the price.

Box came in good condition, I've seen pics where it was trashed. Actual packaging of contents was less than desirable. The two ballasts were in one box, and each of the bulb harness had their own box. But NO protective packaging whatsoever...just boxes. I was fearful that I was gonna hook em up and have nothing.

Installation was simple...plug and play. I made sure to pull the pos/neg leads out of the rubber seal so that I could run them outside of the headlight housing. I tucked the ballasts in the small "cubby hole" that is underneath the stay arm bracket/under the nose of the bike. Used Industrial grade velcro to mount them. Mounted the firing boxes with 3m tape on each side of the stay arm bracket itself. Need to tuck wires a bit better, but everything is very secure.

I LOVE the color and light output. A lot closer to pure white than that chart depicts. Only has a very small tinge of blue. They are so stinkin bright, I can't even imagine a 55w kit.

Sorry for the cell pics:

Old 09-23-2011, 10:26 AM

Nice ones mate.
Jusu quick question. Don't yo dazzle other drivers with these lights during the night?
Seem to be quite powerful.

Old 09-23-2011, 10:35 AM

Originally Posted by hebbo
Nice ones mate.
Jusu quick question. Don't yo dazzle other drivers with these lights during the night?
Seem to be quite powerful.
The first time I almost got sideswiped by a driver who wasn't paying attention to me, was the same day I ordered these. I could care less about them if it keeps me alive.

Old 09-23-2011, 10:51 AM

aw no write up on the install? im thinking about getting the exact same kit for my '04

Old 09-23-2011, 05:40 PM

Originally Posted by volcom440
aw no write up on the install? im thinking about getting the exact same kit for my '04
If you have questions on the install, feel free to pm me. If you go to DDM's site, they have a pretty good printout with pictures for installing H7 kit. They do it into a car headlight, but it's even easier on our bikes.

Biggest recommendation I can give it to pull the pos/neg wires that plug into your old headlight plug OUT of the rubber seal that groups them with the new HID bulb wires. This allows you to run these pos/neg wires to the old headlight plug OUTSIDE of the headlight housing, so you don't have a couple stupid wires running from inside the headlight housing back OUT....poor seal.

Old 09-23-2011, 06:06 PM

Originally Posted by MyOwnMechanic
If you have questions on the install, feel free to pm me. If you go to DDM's site, they have a pretty good printout with pictures for installing H7 kit. They do it into a car headlight, but it's even easier on our bikes.

Biggest recommendation I can give it to pull the pos/neg wires that plug into your old headlight plug OUT of the rubber seal that groups them with the new HID bulb wires. This allows you to run these pos/neg wires to the old headlight plug OUTSIDE of the headlight housing, so you don't have a couple stupid wires running from inside the headlight housing back OUT....poor seal.
ah thanks i'll keep that in mind, also where did you get your third eye bulb from?

Old 09-24-2011, 06:28 PM

ah thanks i'll keep that in mind, also where did you get your third eye bulb from?
It was in the bike when I bought it. Matches perfect so I got lucky.

Old 09-24-2011, 08:53 PM

Originally Posted by MyOwnMechanic
It was in the bike when I bought it. Matches perfect so I got lucky.
yes it does. looks great

Old 09-24-2011, 10:28 PM
Welcome Crew and May 2012 Ride of the Month
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sick97SS did an awesome write up but its for an f4i but the basics are the same and +1 on ddm.

https://home.comcast.net/~nstama/hidinstall.html

Old 09-25-2011, 08:18 AM

Originally Posted by jeffjones
Sick97SS did an awesome write up but its for an f4i but the basics are the same and +1 on ddm.

https://home.comcast.net/~nstama/hidinstall.html
bookmarked
looks like he did it without taking his front fairing off. hopefully that technique will work on the RR as well.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: '03 600rr ddm 35w 6000k