CBR 600F4 1999 - 2000 Honda CBR 600F4 Forum

Your exhaust post here.

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2006, 06:02 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Your exhaust post here.

Here is a survey I am taking to compare the pros and cons of the slip-ons for our bikes. I don't know how many of you have FI's vs. Carbs but mine is a carb and I am going thru ebay and all these places, listening to sounds, reading reviews, and not many have personal experiences with the listed systems. If you could post what slip-on your using on your F4 and what you like and dislike, as well as any problematic rumors/facts that come along with the slip-on I would GREATLY appreciate it. I know I might sound picky but I don't want to buy something I will regret. So far I have found a D&D slip on for 200 bucks, as I read its been known to have loose parts, like rings or something like that, also it's been known to be extremely loud and annoying. Moving on, PLEASE post what slip-on your using and what you dislike about it the most. [sm=feedback.gif]

Old 07-19-2006, 08:44 PM
Default RE: Your exhaust post here.

i have the d&d and i love it i think it has a good tone its not just loud and no tone its loud and has a tone but it does leak were the midpipe goes into the muffler

Old 07-20-2006, 12:24 AM

Is that repairable by wields? or maybe some kind of heat tape?

Old 07-20-2006, 06:13 AM

I have the two brothers Aluminum C4
sounds real nice, a bit of exhaust leak as well between the midpipe and canister, but nothing excessive.
Only took about 45 mins to put on , probably not even that long but beer makes you slower
Erion, Two bros, D and D are all good pics, they sound awesome and get you a few less lbs and a few more ponies
for your F4, enjoy and keep checking the forum for more info.

Old 07-20-2006, 09:01 AM
Muz

I have a Titanium Yoshi TRS slip on. Its got a nice deep sound. It looks good and people always tell me it sounds awesome. Its not whiney and not outrageously(sp?) loud. I would definately recommend it. Can't think of anything I dislike about it

Old 07-20-2006, 03:57 PM

Mikey, if you had a choice of buying around the same price, and you had a choice of something in the same price range as your D&D would you buy it or stay with your D&D?

Old 07-20-2006, 04:00 PM

Anyone have the Jardine RT-1? Heres the link, do you have the pipe?. Please keep this thread going because I know that there are more than 4 people with aftermarket exhausts with F4's. I need a pipe! and no, thats not a crack pipe!

Old 07-20-2006, 04:04 PM

Muz, what would you consider 'outrageously loud' ? I ask you this question so I have a basis as to compare my research with. Also this applies to everyone with our bikes! What do you all consider obnoxiously loud, because like a Poser in a Honda Civic with a can but no intake, I don't want it to sound like my bike is about to explode, if I wanted to do that, I would put race fuel and redline it in first!

Old 07-20-2006, 11:35 PM

i would stay with the d&d no doubt i ride witha guy that has a jardin on his bike but he has a triumph not a honda and its louder than my d&d

Old 07-21-2006, 06:40 PM

ON our carbed bikes, you can feel and hear the midrange power up when your gassing it and zooming from 2-4 with a stock exhaust. Does the D&D add a deep sound in that rpm and powerband area? Or does it start screaming?

Quick Reply: Your exhaust post here.