CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   CBR 600F4 (https://cbrforum.com/forum/cbr-600f4-18/)
-   -   Why is this spewing brown?? (https://cbrforum.com/forum/cbr-600f4-18/why-spewing-brown-66213/)

lotusgardener 04-18-2008 06:21 PM

Why is this spewing brown??

Ok,

I've been having problems starting my bike-if you've read my other posts I bought the bike damaged. Finally got it started today, just walked up to it, put the key cranked it over - started!

So i ran inside to pee (cause I really had to), so the engine warmed up. Now I'm hooking the airbox back on and all of sudden when I hook up that hose in the picture, the bike starts dying, so I unplugged it. Then it reached operating temp, and brown liquid starts spewing out. It's liquidy like gas but brown with oil - if that makes sense.

Let me know guys.

[IMG]local://upfiles/8405/58070A7088164EC6B277B41242AD5116.jpg[/IMG]

sorny 04-18-2008 06:56 PM

RE: Why is this spewing brown??

was the bike water damaged/flooded?

Nauree 04-18-2008 07:13 PM

Thats a vent hose. No fluids should come out of it so that means you have a seal problem inside.

dirtdobberoffroad 04-18-2008 07:21 PM

Maybe a head gasket letting blow by and the watery oil come out the vent tube. But I hope not for your sake.

brveagle 04-19-2008 12:18 AM

crankcase breather. It is possible to have some oil come out of it, but that would be from a pressurization of the top end. It looks like you have alot of oil.

When was the last time you changed your oil? Try pulling the valve cover (about 20 min) and seeing what that shows.

lotusgardener 04-19-2008 08:10 AM

ORIGINAL: dirtdobberoffroad

Maybe a head gasket letting blow by and the watery oil come out the vent tube. But I hope not for your sake.

Me neither... But I checked compression - 160 across the board so wtf!!

brveagle - If I have time today, I'll pull the valve cover, do I have to take the carbs off for that???

Nauree 04-19-2008 10:18 AM

ORIGINAL: lotusgardener

ORIGINAL: dirtdobberoffroad

Me neither... But I checked compression - 160 across the board so wtf!!

brveagle - If I have time today, I'll pull the valve cover, do I have to take the carbs off for that???

^yes

dirtdobberoffroad 04-19-2008 12:55 PM

No you dont have to pull the carbs off to get the valve cover off but its kinda a butt.

brveagle 04-21-2008 07:55 AM

Every time i pull my valve cover, i just pop the carbs out of their boots real quick. Otherwise the choke rail gets in the way.

dirtdobberoffroad 04-21-2008 05:45 PM

ah I see I just took the Choke cable thingy off, Now I can see Y.