CBR 600F4 1999 - 2000 Honda CBR 600F4 Forum

wheelie Q

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2007 | 02:01 AM
Default RE: wheelie Q

pow pow power wheelies suck! clutch that bitch up! my buddy has a stock geared 2000 f4, he can clutch that bitch up in 4th gear no lie!

i can clutch mine in 5th! but im down 1 up 4..........

Old 07-07-2007 | 01:24 PM

I'm still somewhat of a beginner @ doing wheelies but this is how I do it. I have an 00 CBR F4, stock sprockets, chain, and gearing. I've been wheeling for about 2 months now and this is my 2nd bike. In 1st gear riding on flat surface or uphill and sitting as far back on the seat as possibleI gun it (i'm looking at the road not the rpms so i cant tell u exactly how many rpms), then i pull in the clutch and let off the throttle, then let out the throttle (I use all my fingers but some people only use two...it's whatever works for you) semiquickly and roll on the gas again. I can't really hold the wheelie at all but i get it up pretty high.
I recently tried gunning it starting at like 5mph (and as you prob alreadyknow you dont get much power at low rpms) and before it got to the point where it starts to get a lot of power (about 6k rpms?), I pull in the clutch and let off the gas, then let it out while rolling on the gas. What I found different with doing it this way is that you wheelie at a much much slower speed, so its a bit less intimidating.
Note: Remember to cover your rear brake, if you feel as though you're going to high you tap it and it'll come down. Also, when coming down you wanna give it some more gas as this will REALLY soften the landing (and is therefore less hard on the fork seals). You're first trys you prob wont even get it off the ground b/c you're a bit timid and are afraid of looping...this is completely normal...just get comfortable getting it off the ground a little and keep going higher as you feel comfortable.
Good luck!

Old 07-10-2007 | 10:33 AM

I'm quite new to my 99 F4 and I still got a question about wheelies. The thing is that I don't want to do wheelies, yet. But I wonder if start of easy in 1st gear and then gradually pull the throttle to max. will the front wheel lift of? If I'm leaning forward?[/align]I just want the best possible acceleration without getting it up on the backwheel. [/align]

Old 07-11-2007 | 04:12 PM

Wriid, if you hit the throttle hard from a stop, it will not lift up... and def not if you are throttling gradually. This is, afterall, a 600, and an older one at that. The power-ups in first gear that people are talking about require a 'bounce' or a throttle blip around 5-7 RPM, then a hard twist.

I've been working on my clutch-ups, but am still afraid of balancing it. Its a slow process for me to get real proficient. I think i'd rather work on first gear standups with a bounce, it looks more impressive!

Old 07-15-2007 | 10:26 AM

This is the best video ever for learning, http://youtube.com/watch?v=qncPBZ9DRRk

It is a really good video. The trick is finding a place to practice, start slow and just build and build, I can stand mine straight up after a few months, the only advice I have is always clutch it up, I see more people loop on power wheelies as they are revving too hard, where clutching is much more controlled.

Old 07-17-2007 | 06:14 PM

DO WHEELIES

Old 07-22-2007 | 07:56 PM

^^^^^^^^^ That is a sick pic!!!

Old 07-23-2007 | 10:56 AM

thanx

Old 07-23-2007 | 12:29 PM

I'll have to get my brother out to take some pics of me pullin a few and put it in your post. I say the best way to learn wheelies is just to barely slip the clutch with a little rpms, and go up more and more until before you know it you feel a good adrenaline buzz from pulling straight up.

Old 07-31-2007 | 04:13 AM

props for the youtube link

Quick Reply: wheelie Q