CBR 600F4 1999 - 2000 Honda CBR 600F4 Forum

Tried to slip on another slip-on.. no go...

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2010, 03:37 PM
Official Welcome Crew
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Tried to slip on another slip-on.. no go...

My bike currently has a full Micron system.. header and slip on.. I wanted to try something that sounded different.. the micron is a bit loud for me while cruising.. so I picked up a Yoshimura RS3 stainless slip on used for a good price.. while it is for a Yamaha R6 (came with that inlet pipe),

It is about 2 inches long than the Micron, but the inlet diameter should be fine.. right? Well.. it was still a bit small to use with my Micron inlet pipe (that comes from the header). I brought it to an exhaust place.. .they expanded it up a bit for me.. it starts to slide in but dayam.. its too tight to go on all the way... I tried another place to expand it more (after I brought it back home and tried it) and they said they thought it would split the chrome or break the welds if they did...
so I put the Micron back on after all of that..

My Micron inlet has a split down the mouth about half way through to help expand to fit on the inlet pipe.. kinda like this, but it is also jagged and steps down:

Should I just cut the inlet of my Yoshi RS3 like that? That would more than likely give me the room to get the pipe in..

otherwise I would have to now find an inlet pipe for an F4 and Yoshi pipe.. if anyone has one, please let me know.. I have a great condition inlet pipe for a Yammie R6 to trade!

What can I do?
Thanks,
Adam

Old 06-20-2010, 08:12 PM
Official Welcome Crew

any ideas?

Old 06-20-2010, 08:49 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i would be interested in purchasing either one of the pipes that you dont use... I would try splitting it. PM me if your interested.

Old 06-21-2010, 07:29 PM
Official Welcome Crew

I just emailed Yoshimura to find out how much the intermediate pipe is from them.... I really like the Yoshi sound.. the Micron is similar.. just a bit deeper vs the Yoshi is a bit quieter and higher pitched...

My Micron is in great shape except for one thing.. I replaced the end gaskets (rubber rings) and found the can at the front was splitting across the seam (carbon fiber). I JB Welded it and it has been leak free. The Micron hanger bracket is pretty beefy as well, and it adds some additional support... The Yoshi has a little dent in the top, but otherwise it is perfect.

I'll let you know which one I am able to use... I'm toying with the idea of keeping both though... who knows...

Old 06-28-2010, 04:54 PM
Official Welcome Crew

Quick update... brought the can to a buddy of mine with a top notch exhaust shop.. took all of 15 seconds to open it up the amount I needed... slipped right on.. used the Yoshi springs too... haven't ridden it yet but it is a bit quieter than the Micron was.. not as deep.. I think I'll like it...