CBR 600F4 1999 - 2000 Honda CBR 600F4 Forum

Taking the restrictor off

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2010, 01:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Taking the restrictor off

Hi everyone. Im looking to remove the restrictor from my f4 600. I believe there are 4 washers between the carbs/ inlet manifold. Anyone have any idea how to remove them?
Thanks in advance.

Old 01-30-2010, 06:36 PM

so what does taking the restrictor exactly accomplish anyway? and how do we know if it's still on or not. sorry for taking your thread over...just curious. lol

Old 01-30-2010, 06:55 PM

There should not be any washer or restrictor plate in there, If there is, it is not factory installed. Carbs-rubber intake boot-head. Can you post some pisc of what you are looking at so we can be sure.

Old 01-30-2010, 07:33 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

He's prolly from the UK or his bike is. New riders have to have their bikes physically restricted until they have a certain amount of experience.

Old 01-30-2010, 07:52 PM

Originally Posted by Kuroshio
He's prolly from the UK or his bike is. New riders have to have their bikes physically restricted until they have a certain amount of experience.
True, didnt think about that.

Old 01-31-2010, 12:24 AM

If its the UK 33 BHP restriction your on theres actually 2 ways they do it mate, first of all does your throttle spin all the way round like its ment to ??? if not you've got a throttle restriction wich is either in the housing that the kill switch is on or on the disk that the throttle cable goes to on the end of the carbs, but it was only legal to restrict bikes like this for 6 months before they rearlised kids with no mechanicle experience could undo a screw lol so its unlikely to have been done this way, but if it does spin all the way round then all you need to do is take the carbs of pop the disks out with your fingers and put the carbs back on again, no jetting needed as they dont rejet the bikes when they restrict them which is why restriction is so bad for the bikes.

Old 01-31-2010, 02:31 AM

Hey, thanks for replies everyone! Yeah STREETFIGHTER, you hit the nail on the head. Im in Ireland so UK is close enough. 33bhp with the washers probably. The throttle spins as it should. SO, whats involved in removing the carbs and has anyone got pics? I do all my own car work but ive never touched a bike. I know what carbs look like and their approx location but tank airbox etc are in the way. Does this job require a strip? Ive seen the stickey 'cleaning your carbs' but the post begins with the carbs off the bike. Thanks again.

Old 01-31-2010, 01:16 PM

Take tank of, open up air box and undo bolts inside it and bingo theres your carbs, on my zzr they had jubile clips round the carb rubbers that you just had to slacken off then the carbs just slid off piece of **** but havnt gotten under the tank on the cbr just yet but i presume there the same.

The closest photo i have is my zzr with the carbs off but you can see the jubile clips around the rubbers that im on about

Old 02-01-2010, 02:33 AM

Hi, thanks man. Pic helps. So if they just slide off do you expect the washers to be between them and the intake manifold?

Old 02-01-2010, 09:34 AM

Originally Posted by CBRFreaker
Hi, thanks man. Pic helps. So if they just slide off do you expect the washers to be between them and the intake manifold?
yer there should just be mettal plates in there to remove.

Quick Reply: Taking the restrictor off