CBR 600F4 1999 - 2000 Honda CBR 600F4 Forum

suspended licsense??

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2011, 03:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

also anybody ever used a bike lawyer before? i wonder if they take payments because im broke after fixing my bike, im sure you guys say the " laid er down" thread..that was alot of work..and money..so i hope ill get lucky and be able to afford it

Old 10-22-2011, 03:58 PM
Track junkie & modaholic

If you havent broken any laws than you should be fine. As a side note my insurance for liability is $255 for the year even with a suspension on my driving record, its getting taken off but that's not the point; the point is it can be cheap. Def get a lawyer and don't respond to the insurance co. without consulting the lawyer first.

Old 10-22-2011, 04:54 PM

i got a quote from geico for 108 a year

Old 10-22-2011, 08:56 PM
Track junkie & modaholic

nice. take it

Old 10-23-2011, 08:19 AM

i plan to lol

Old 10-23-2011, 02:32 PM
Default FL law

RPM.... from some research I have done you ARE required to carry insurance in the state of FL.... Here is a quick break down of the Florida FRL (Financial Responsibility Law). It may seem kind of confusing but consult with someone in YOUR state like a Lawyer or a Police Officer. Not trying to correct you, just help you out.

Florida required insurance for motorcyclists: Florida does not require, under current laws, that you carry insurance on your Florida motorcycle. Florida No-Fault Law does not apply to Florida motorcycles. However, Florida Financial Responsibility Law does apply to Florida motorcycles.

State Insurance Requirements: The Florida Financial Responsibility Law applies to both Florida motor vehicle owners and Florida motorcycle owners.

The Florida Financial Responsibility Law requires minimum insurance coverage with the following insurance coverage:

· Bodily Injury Liability (1 Person): $10,000
· Bodily Injury Liability (All Persons, 1 Accident): $20,000
· Property Damage Liability: $10,000
· Combined Single Limits Policy: $30,000

The main point of the Florida Financial Responsibility Law is that Florida motorcycle and motor vehicle owners must carry extra insurance if they have done any of the following:
· You were found to be at fault for a previous accident
· You were found to be at fault for a previous accident where injuries occurred.
· You previously had a DUI and your license was revoked
· Your license was revoked for being a “Habitual Traffic Offender”
· You had a license suspension for excessive points on your driver’s license
· Your license was revoked for any serious offense

If you fall into any of the above categories, you are required to carry additional liability insurance. You are required whether you own a Florida motorcycle OR a Florida motor vehicle.

The Florida Financial Responsibility Law is outlined in Chapter 324 of the Florida Statutes.

I linked the Chapter for you from the FL Senate page....
http://archive.flsenate.gov/statutes...EChapter%20324

Last edited by Trey929RR; 10-23-2011 at 02:34 PM. Reason: Hyperlink correction
Old 10-24-2011, 05:18 PM

thats odd because when you register and tag the bike, and even get a liscense to ride, they never ask for any of that..you just pay them and go on your two wheeled way, or one wheel depending on how excited you are lol, also if you were to see this womans truck, just the picture alone would tell you that there is no possible way i hit her.. its a dent then a deep scrape all the way down the truck to her door.. if you think about that, that is impossible to do if im walking out a 500 pound bike..backwards.. im pretty sure any sane person would realize they bumped something and not keep going..not to mention, i wasnt even moving when it happened..the point is.. she hit me, i dont have insurance, im screwed because im alone in the fight against mr big insurance company.. if a judge saw the pictures( and he will trust me on that) he would laugh at them and call it a day..the fact that i didnt have insurance dose not meen i hit her.. and that wont even be a problem in fl if it goes to court, its not criminal, its civil.. so im getting my papers in order and im suing the driver and insurance company in small claims court.. id rather pay 250.00 than over a g any day..

Old 10-24-2011, 05:20 PM

thanks for taking time out of your day to help though, what a friendly fourm we have !

Old 10-24-2011, 05:47 PM

Gl hope it works out for ya. Hate dishonest ppl.

Old 10-24-2011, 09:10 PM

then you must hate 50 percent of the worlds population lol well i guess thats the way it is. btw nice color choice on your bike mine is very close to that lol

Quick Reply: suspended licsense??