CBR 600F4 1999 - 2000 Honda CBR 600F4 Forum

Stalling when Hot Issues Continue!

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2011, 11:45 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i do the same ****. just shake my head *****. im kind of glad in a way that im not the only one with this issue

Old 07-02-2011, 08:56 AM

it is def. electrical, i put on 4 new signals last night made them all running lights bike was lit up like a christmas tree and it wouldnt stay running there just is not enough voltage.

Old 07-02-2011, 10:42 AM

I believe I am having the same issue. When I first start it it will run and idle fine while it's on the colder side, engine temperature. But once it's warmed up it starts stuttering and then dies.

Old 07-02-2011, 10:44 AM

Keep watching this thread we'll figure it out.

Old 07-02-2011, 11:08 AM

I hope so. I'm going to tear into my bike and see what I can find with wiring, switches, and whatever else.

Old 07-02-2011, 05:17 PM

uhh as i stated earlier i put on new signals last night. well the bike has been running flawless since then?

Old 07-02-2011, 05:44 PM

I have pulled apart the engine cutoff switch and cleaned it up & put it back together. Didn't help...

Old 07-02-2011, 06:35 PM

i have the same problem with my 2000 f4. also wondering if anyone can help with my other problem. started my bike with the choke open like you should. my bikes run at about 3 grand with choke open. left it running for about 10-15 mins like and that cuz i went into the house to grab my gear. came back and there was what i think to be coolant on the floor from my bike, and the oil light was on and was over heating. the coolant looked kinda dark so i dont know if there was oil in the coolant or not. took the plastics off the next day and found there was a whole in the coolant res. is that all it was or did the head gasket blow.

Old 07-03-2011, 12:39 PM

Alright guys - I wanna see if a bunch of are actually having the same problem. I've got an easy way to test it, but I need some of you that are having the stuttering issue once got to test something. After riding your bike home from work or something and your bike is stuttering, pull your seat and rear fairing off and check the voltage on the black/white wire on this (see pic below) relay (there are 2 black/white wires - either will work). Report your voltages back here. I'm getting ~10v and it drops to around 7v when the fuel pump kicks on. Let me know what your voltages are so I know we're all having the same issue.

Old 07-03-2011, 03:29 PM

My voltages:
12.49 & 11.88 on the Black/White wires on that relay.

I unplugged that relay and added some dielectric grease to the plug and hooked it back up, actually did that to all of the relays and the plug for the fuel pump. My bike acted like all was well and nothing was wrong. It idles fine with no issues, the fan even kicked on and off with no stuttering or stalling.

I had planned to clean my carbs but haven't yet so I set the tank back on the bike, connected the fuel line, and hooked the fuel reserve sensor back up to get the voltages requested. But when I hooked the fuel reserve sensor back up on the tank I swapped the positions of the wires. My sensor's prongs are more or less oriented front to rear. I did have the green/black on the front prong and the brown/black on the rear prong. Now they are reversed.

Seems my problem is gone. But we will see if it stays away.

Quick Reply: Stalling when Hot Issues Continue!