CBR 600F4 1999 - 2000 Honda CBR 600F4 Forum

So I went to the hospital today.. & I need parts lol

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2012, 07:49 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default So I went to the hospital today.. & I need parts lol

Well i was riding with the guys this morning. Did a couple of wheelies but quit cause i didnt feel solid on them. Got of the interstate and took a left onto a 2 lane. Lady in the right lane, on her phone cuts over on me. nailed all the brakes but when i downshifted i caught first and down i went. Hurt my knee bad. Was talking to a cop and the ambulance was pulling up and next thing i know i couldnt see and down i went and woke up in an ambulance......

Nothing broken but im on crutches and an immobilizing knee brace. In some pain too. Im hoping nothing is torn or anything like that.

So the bike is ok though. till runs great, forks are good, havent really seen it but know my clip on is bent and throttle grip are messed up. Rashed my yoshi some, broke the rear cowl, and they said i have a broken peg. Dont worry guys, my stupid hurts sticker is good though

Name:  imagejpeg_2_3.jpg
Views: 11
Size:  53.7 KB

Anyonegot some parts laying around lol

Old 06-04-2012, 01:08 AM
Track junkie & modaholic

hehe well it could have been worse. Keep us updated on your recovery and if you have stock clip-ons I have my set that I'm no longer using as well as a set of driven clip-ons that I wont use either. Oh and an OEM rear cowl but its yellow it comes with the tail light as well. I also have other parts if you need anything just hit me up.

Old 06-04-2012, 01:11 AM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by sideswipe
...Dont worry guys, my stupid hurts sticker is good though...
Good that you still have your sense of humor. ;-) Good to hear that you'll recover. Hope you heal quickly.

Sorry that this happened to you. Way too many similar posts lately. Keep your head on a swivel & always watch out for the cagers! They've got w-a-y too many distractions (cell phones!) & rarely look twice!

Your bike doesn't sound too bad. If you can live w/ the cosmetics being a little rough for awhile, you should be able to get back up & running (so to speak) ;-), in no time.

ETA: So "Sideswipe" kinda fits huh? ;-)

Old 06-04-2012, 01:27 AM
August 2011 ROTM

Hope you will heal fast. Isn't it suck not to be able to see your bike after crash?? You could probably do better assessment on damages when you see her with your eyes.
It is good to hear you didn't get hurt more than it is

Old 06-04-2012, 06:25 AM

Thanks alot guys. I got up this morning and it doesnt hurt too bad. My knee is just swollen kinda bad but i know the pain medicine i had last night has worn off so im hoing the swelling will go away and i can the use of my knee back.

I want to say the said it was just my throttle tube and grip that was th issue. Ill get to it tomorrw and and see. If my knee will flex i will put my ctuches on the back and ride it home lol. Alot of people ae going down these days. Another guy we know understeered and tried to rape a curb with his bike. Hes rashed up but his gsxr is absolutley destryed. Ill post some more pics later. That was just one that was snapped by my buddy. I was in the ambulance lol.

Old 06-04-2012, 07:21 AM
Administrator and MVN, March 2012/Oct 2013 ROTM
Received 117 Likes on 107 Posts

Any responsibility to the lady on the phone that ran you off the road?

Old 06-04-2012, 11:14 AM

hope somebody got a tag # i had to put mine down saterday after a nice elderly couple cut in front of me but we both took it pretty good

Old 06-04-2012, 06:48 PM

Nope, she kept driving and i know she saw me if not heard me lol. Sucks alot. Im moving around ok. Swelling is still on the knee. I've got a few degrees movement in it at the moment so hopefully the swelling will go away and ill be ok.

Old 06-04-2012, 08:08 PM
Track junkie & modaholic

Ice and compress to help with the swelling, 20 min on 20 min off. I would also start on an ibuprofen regimen to reduce inflammation but I'm not a doctor.

Old 06-04-2012, 08:57 PM
August 2011 ROTM

I might have grip that I didn't use at home. Any grip right? I can go home and see if I still have it laying around

Quick Reply: So I went to the hospital today.. & I need parts lol