CBR 600F4 1999 - 2000 Honda CBR 600F4 Forum

Riddle me this

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2012, 11:37 PM
Track junkie & modaholic
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Riddle me this

So I've been reading around the interwebs about carbs, and I don't mean to food. There's some info on service and cleaning and Im good on that. Ive got an aftermarket slip-on and k&n air filter and my spark plugs are telling me that Im running lean. I've got new plugs but I don't want to install them and just mess the new ones up. Also After I finish the stuff already on my todo list I want to re-jet the carbs. My question is other than the emissions stuff what separates the California version from the rest of the worlds version? The PO removed half of the emissions on my bike so I went ahead and removed the rest. Also if anyone that have used the dynojet kits and /or the factory pro kits could chime in with the pro /cons of each that would be amazing

Old 02-28-2012, 03:02 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by CJardine
So I've been reading around the interwebs about carbs, and I don't mean to food. There's some info on service and cleaning and Im good on that. Ive got an aftermarket slip-on and k&n air filter and my spark plugs are telling me that Im running lean. I've got new plugs but I don't want to install them and just mess the new ones up. Also After I finish the stuff already on my todo list I want to re-jet the carbs.
Good job on doing all your own maintenance. Take pride & satisfaction in doing that.

My question is other than the emissions stuff what separates the California version from the rest of the worlds version?
Lane-splitting mode...j/k. ;-) Once CA emissions jazz is removed, you're equal to all others.

Old 02-28-2012, 10:36 PM
Track junkie & modaholic

Sweet, is there a difference between the ecms? When I was looking at bikebandit they had two options (code A $$387.76 and code AC $396.48) I dont mind finding a used ecm on ebay but if I dont have to than I wont. So based on the fact that my emissions stuff is off my bike if I want to get a dynojet kit I would go with the non-california kit right.

Old 02-29-2012, 02:40 PM

Sweet, is there a difference between the ecms? When I was looking at bikebandit they had two options (code A $$387.76 and code AC $396.48) I dont mind finding a used ecm on ebay but if I dont have to than I wont. So based on the fact that my emissions stuff is off my bike if I want to get a dynojet kit I would go with the non-california kit right.
I have a spare ECM I can sell to ya.. send me a pm

Old 02-29-2012, 02:48 PM

Honda 30410M-MBW-671.

Yes, non-CA kit. I prefer HRC kits but nothing wrong w/ Dynojet.

Old 02-29-2012, 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by gotcbr
Honda 30410M-MBW-671.

Yes, non-CA kit. I prefer HRC kits but nothing wrong w/ Dynojet.
do they even make HRC kits for our old *** bike?

Old 02-29-2012, 06:52 PM
Track junkie & modaholic

Does HRC make anything for your bike anymore? would like to get my hands on some hrc clocks.

Last edited by CJardine; 02-29-2012 at 07:01 PM.
Old 02-29-2012, 08:09 PM

Originally Posted by Boyo
do they even make HRC kits for our old *** bike?
Does HRC make anything for your bike anymore? would like to get my hands on some hrc clocks.
I haven't seen an HRC kit in person in a couple of yrs...but they were still avail then. To find out if existing supply has been exhausted, it would take a few bolos.

Old 02-29-2012, 10:55 PM

Originally Posted by gotcbr
I haven't seen an HRC kit in person in a couple of yrs...but they were still avail then. To find out if existing supply has been exhausted, it would take a few bolos.
well what's in a HRC kit? because The motor i'm redoing I'm using wisco pistons with stock rods and getting crank shaft balanced as well as the rods. Cams are getting worked on to by web camshafts.. Also getting the f4i head and doing some stuff to it... and i'm keeping this bike for a very very long time... my son should be riding it next after me

Old 02-29-2012, 11:35 PM
Track junkie & modaholic

Planning on calling hrc and seeing if they have any recommendations. Now are the hrc clocks universal, or model specific? And I don't even know where to begin looking for a jet kit by them. I scour eBay and craigslist but I never see anything even hrc related.

I also read that the engines themselves are different as well. I plan asking HRC as well if I can get them on the phone tomorrow.

Quick Reply: Riddle me this