CBR 600F4 1999 - 2000 Honda CBR 600F4 Forum

problem with one cylinder

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2014, 11:51 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The bike sounds like it idles fine. When I drive off is when I have no power what so ever. At idle I get a explosion inside the carb every 10-20 seconds. When I took the carbs apart they look like new. Ive had the bike for about 2 years and havnt had it running perfect since. I feel like im getting really close now after these repairs.
New low pressure fuel pump
New spark plugs
Carb sync (done by mechanic)
carb cleaning
Valve adjustment
carb rubber boot check
Compression test
Coil swap troubleshoot
New fuel filter
Spark test
New coolant
New oil
Stator cleaning

Old 12-20-2014, 11:50 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Explosion inside the carb would be my main approach to the problem. It has fuel and spark, engine has the correct timing. If it pops on the carb that means the cylinder isn't really "offline" when it's time to ignite the mixture, it ignites with parcially open combustion chamber on the intake side it doesn't produce power when this happens, energy expands to carb. So what I would do is manually set the cylinder to compression(where intake and exhaust the cam lobes don't touch the valve buckets) remove the carbs and spark plug, simply attach an adapter (maybe from a compression tester) and pressurize the combustion chamber with compressed air and check if the air comes out through the intake valve/s. Pressure inside shouldn't be much higher than the compression ratio itself (12:1 not sure).