CBR 600F4 1999 - 2000 Honda CBR 600F4 Forum

Preferred Bar Ends?

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2009, 04:54 PM
Official Welcome Crew
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Preferred Bar Ends?

The F4 that I will very likely be buying is missing a bar end on one side.. I know that teh bar ends on CBRs are slightly different than the ones I had on my Ninja.. but I was wondering if there was a preferred bar end brand. I see many on here recommending Vortex frame sliders.. do you recommend them for bar ends as well?

I tried to do a search on here, but "bar" and "end" are smaller than the minimum number of letters allowed for a search.

Thanks,
Adam

Old 12-15-2009, 11:04 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Vortex bar ends are great, have them on the 954.

I prefer Woodcraft frame sliders, the pucks are changeable like the vortex, but solid. No distortion in the event of a crash.

Woodcraft F4 Sliders

Last edited by randyjoy; 12-15-2009 at 11:07 PM.
Old 12-16-2009, 06:56 PM
Official Welcome Crew

thanks

Old 12-16-2009, 08:51 PM

I have Vortex bar ends, derlin just like my slider pucks.

Old 12-26-2009, 12:45 PM

Never had any troubles with vortex either.

Old 12-26-2009, 04:20 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For me, it was the ebay special... I can't imagine any difference in the event of a crash between the vortex/woodcrafts and my cheapos. Either way, my levers are taking the brunt of any fall and I'd think in any forward moving crash that the bars are going to tuck in against the tank on the low side away from the pavement. This is assuming a sliding crash, not tumbling, in which case the least of my worries is my bar-ends. This all comes from my complete inexperience with crashes and just how I imagine it going down in my head.

Old 01-01-2010, 07:00 PM
Official Welcome Crew

Here is a set on ebay.. they are delrin too.. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Honda...item5ad5ff1907

The one that is on the throttle side (clutch side doesnt have one) is chrome, so it isnt OEM.. it is smaller than the dimensions listed on that auction...

1 1/4 diameter, 1 1/2 long... The price is right and I have money in the paypal account already.. what do you think? Are the vortex ones that much better?

Old 01-01-2010, 08:17 PM

The difference you can see is that cheaper ones have a little less material, which means they weigh a little less, which means they allow more vibration, and put your hands to sleep on long rides. Minor things in the cheaper ones such as screw quality and screw length, too.

Those pictured on ebay don't look too bad. Delrin is good because they do slide better and maybe, just maybe, keep from digging in.

Frame sliders is where I want the really good stuff.

Old 01-02-2010, 12:04 AM

The important thing is dont put any spiked ones on your bike, common sense should be all the explanation needed , pointed barend leg nuff said?

Mine just happen to be Vortex, I had a set of carbon ones on b4 them, but one worked loose n poofed on a ride.

Old 01-15-2010, 03:42 PM
Official Welcome Crew

bringing this back up.. I might go with the delrin ones off ebay listed above.. but I am wondering how much it matters regarding the strength of the bar end bolts? They are hex head, but they arent listed as hardened.. the ebay seller didn't know the strength rating.. should I be worried at all or would something like hjust a standard zinc coated or grade 5 with some blue loctite be fine? I would rahter save money on the bar ends to buy some vortex frame sliders...

Thanks
Adam

Quick Reply: Preferred Bar Ends?