CBR 600F4 1999 - 2000 Honda CBR 600F4 Forum

Other Bike Parts That WILL Fit On The F4

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2007, 07:01 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Other Bike Parts That WILL Fit On The F4

These are all parts that I have on my bike, I can gaurentee 100% that they will work for you (Possibly won't work for cali-spec?):
[ul][*]F4i Front Rim (You HAVE to have the rotors and spacers for this to fit on the stock axle)[*]F4i Forks (The F4 fender won't fit though, you'll need an F4i fender)[*]F4i Cylinder Heads (You'll need to drill and tap vacuum portsin the intakes for cylinders2&3 and you'll need to block off the cam angle sensor, or just leave the sensor in but not connected to anything)[*]F4i Side Fairings (L/R) and Lower V Fairing (These are direct bolt ons and way easier to find then F4 fairings)[*]F4i Front Calipers (Exact same mounting position and bracket as the F4 calipers)[/ul]

These are parts that other people have gotten to fit with modifications required:
[ul][*]F4i Front Fairing/Headlight (There's several posts about what modifications are required to do it, do a search)[*]F4i Subframe and Seats (Two seat conversion)[/ul]

Parts That WILL NOT fit:
[ul][*]F4i headers (Different exit angle) (Note: It might be possible to get it to work if you have the F4i muffler and mid pipe as well, but I have not tried that)[*]F4i Muffler/Midpipe (Different entrance angle) (Note: A consequence of this is that aftermarket exhausts designed for the F4i will not bolt right up for the F4)[*]F4i Front Brake Rotors on an F4 Rim (Different bolt pattern, but as I said above, you can put on an F4i rim with the F4i rotors)[/ul]

I think that's all I've got for now. Please contribute to this thread if you've put anything from another bike onto your F4 (and list modifications required if any). I find that it's getting harder and harder to find used parts for my F4, so hopefully this will help outother people as well.

Old 06-04-2007, 06:33 AM
Default RE: Other Bike Parts That WILL Fit On The F4

+1 Nice post rabbit. Great info to know!!!

Old 06-06-2007, 11:16 PM

01-03 gixxer levers will fit, gixxer left rearset will fit...

f4i tank wont fit on f4 cuz of the airbox

also rear cush drive and sprokets from an f4i wont fit an f4...

Old 01-25-2008, 11:11 PM

I just stuck a tire hugger/chain guard from an F4ion my '99 F4 and it fits perfectly.

Old 03-29-2009, 09:57 PM

the left gixxer rearset is from the same years as the levers? what about a rearset for the right side?

Old 03-30-2009, 12:55 PM

I put an entire f4i front end on my bike except for the wheel and it fit fine. Weird. It was for sure from an f4i, I could tell from the clip-ons(headlight wiring/lack of a choke lever...just had the blank spacer thing).

600rr swingarm fits with some slight modification

I'm about ready to put on a 900rr rear wheel on my f4...they have the same cush drive setup and are the same size, I've yet to measure at the hub but all research I've done so far has it as a direct match.

Also, going to get a vfr 800 front rim, non-abs. They are the same size and even use the same exact rotors/axle dia. as an F4. Just gotta find that good deal lol...I missed one on ebay in mint cond. for 38 bucks, I coulda died.

Now I've also heard from a friend that did this that a 1000rr radial master cyl. fits you just have to modify it a little and it'll mount up.

Through the grapevine I heard gsxr 750 calipers...early 00s I think fit directly but I've yet to confirm this.

Also, a myriad of forks will fit provided you use the 929/954 triples. I've heard R1 forks fit the best. Someone on stuntlife.com said they are the same length or closer in length as f4/f4i forks while the 929/954 forks are shorter by a bit so you have to lower the front end to get the clipons above the triple tree.

Old 03-30-2009, 08:01 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the f4i header will work with the f4i muffler and vice versa. pretty much everything between the f4 and f4i is interchangeable with the correct attaching components.

Old 06-25-2009, 05:30 AM

Does anybody know for sure if I can fit one of the following front brake masters on the 99-00 F4:

CBR F4i 01-06
CBR F3 95-98
CBR 600RR ?

Or if anybody knows any other compatible models.

Thanks

Old 07-02-2009, 10:14 PM

Originally Posted by therabbit
These are all parts that I have on my bike, I can gaurentee 100% that they will work for you (Possibly won't work for cali-spec?):
[ul][*]F4i Front Rim (You HAVE to have the rotors and spacers for this to fit on the stock axle)[*]F4i Forks (The F4 fender won't fit though, you'll need an F4i fender)[*]F4i Cylinder Heads (You'll need to drill and tap vacuum portsin the intakes for cylinders2&3 and you'll need to block off the cam angle sensor, or just leave the sensor in but not connected to anything)[*]F4i Side Fairings (L/R) and Lower V Fairing (These are direct bolt ons and way easier to find then F4 fairings)[*]F4i Front Calipers (Exact same mounting position and bracket as the F4 calipers)[/ul]

These are parts that other people have gotten to fit with modifications required:
[ul][*]F4i Front Fairing/Headlight (There's several posts about what modifications are required to do it, do a search)[*]F4i Subframe and Seats (Two seat conversion)[/ul]

Parts That WILL NOT fit:
[ul][*]F4i headers (Different exit angle) (Note: It might be possible to get it to work if you have the F4i muffler and mid pipe as well, but I have not tried that)[*]F4i Muffler/Midpipe (Different entrance angle) (Note: A consequence of this is that aftermarket exhausts designed for the F4i will not bolt right up for the F4)[*]F4i Front Brake Rotors on an F4 Rim (Different bolt pattern, but as I said above, you can put on an F4i rim with the F4i rotors)[/ul]

I think that's all I've got for now. Please contribute to this thread if you've put anything from another bike onto your F4 (and list modifications required if any). I find that it's getting harder and harder to find used parts for my F4, so hopefully this will help outother people as well.
This was a great post. Ive also found that both left and right side throttle controls are different and have different style connectors that plug into the harness. You can cut and splice the wires and get them to work but it is Not plug and play.
Also the rear wheel, sprocket, sprocket carrier, and like said above the cush drives are different. You can use the f4i rim on a f4 and vise versa, but you have to use the cush drive, sprocket & sprocket carrier from the same bike.

Originally Posted by ccapitanu
Does anybody know for sure if I can fit one of the following front brake masters on the 99-00 F4:

CBR F4i 01-06
CBR F3 95-98
CBR 600RR ?

Or if anybody knows any other compatible models.

Thanks
All of them will fit. master cylinders are pretty much universal

Old 11-04-2009, 05:35 PM

Will 954rr front caliper fit and is there any benefit.

Last edited by dirtdobberoffroad; 11-04-2009 at 06:13 PM.

Quick Reply: Other Bike Parts That WILL Fit On The F4