CBR 600F4 1999 - 2000 Honda CBR 600F4 Forum

Ok you F4 masters.. I gotta try this at least once.. Clutch up or Power?

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2012, 08:44 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Ok you F4 masters.. I gotta try this at least once.. Clutch up or Power?

i know i know :P but i kinda want to have this experience atleased once when I ride... i just feel like i should let her up atleased once or twice.. (i mean my dad can do it with his FJR and thats shaft driven..)

what to you recommend for a wheelie noob.. with our bikes should I start with power wheelies or a clutch wheelie.. I just want to raise it up alittle im not ready for total balance point..

and we all know youve done it atleased once or twice GotCbr :P

you too CJ

Last edited by Raptor5150; 09-01-2012 at 08:47 PM.
Old 09-01-2012, 09:02 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Raptor5150
... and we all know youve done it at least once or twice GotCbr :P
I will neither confirm or deny. ;-)

I never recommend wheelying. That being said, there are some good descriptive techniques in the stunting section. There used to be a good youtube tutorial video in there somewhere. Check out the stunting section.

Please be careful.

Old 09-01-2012, 09:04 PM

but i wanna hear from you guys.. not some person on a 600RR or somthing.. :3

Old 09-02-2012, 03:31 AM
Track junkie & modaholic

While I dont condone wheeling, I do feel the need to master it so when it does happen you can control it and not crash . . . say on your victory lap. I do agree with Gotcbr though read the write-ups, watch the vids and find a HUGE *empty* parking lot and practice. oh plus I only wheelie on accident so I'm not the one to teach.

Old 09-02-2012, 09:44 AM

ok first off you need to put more oil into the motor because if you have it wheelied for to long all the oil goes to the back of the motor and no oil will get to the oil pick up. I believe they put half a quart in or maybe more don't remember.

second their are two ways to get your wheel up. Larger rear sprocket or dumping the clutch.

I'm currently 15/47 and i'm able to get it up a little bit getting off the corner of the race track.

and third be safe their is alot that could go wrong in a very short amount of time

Old 09-06-2012, 12:03 AM
Registered Users

I perfer to power it up while in first gear if your a new rider. First off...DO NOT GET SCARED. Keep control of your throttle and bring the bike to about 6 -7k RPM's, let off the throttle and then suddenly give it throttle while pulling up on the bars. AGAIN, little bits at a time, it'll come up really easy.... 2NDly, keep your foot over the rear foot brake. If you feel it is getting out of hand let off throttle and press foot brake, and the bike will come back down. Again, DO NOT LET FEAR GET TO YA...when it comes down if you let off drastically it will hit the ground hard, if you ease it off it'll come down slow. Start off with little wheelies at 6-8 inches and work your way up and in distance.

Clutch wheelies will pop the front end up quciker and more violently then a power wheelie. That is for more distance wheelies on the go than quick accelertation wheelies from a take off.

Old 11-09-2012, 02:03 PM

This thread is a little old but thought i would shed my experience on it.

2000 F4 -1 front sprocket and D&D slip on. I am also 6'2" 250lbs

Power
I started with power wheelies after 5 years of riding my F4. I would bring it up to 5k in 1st quickly close the throttle then snap it back open sitting a little further back in the seat than usual. This would normally bring it up pretty smooth but like most people will tell you it runs out of rpm before you really get anything decent out of it.

Clutch
After doing some research i decided i would try the clutch up approach. Now sitting where i would normally sit while riding i bring it up to 4500rpm in first, 1 finger the clutch while twisting the throttle in one smooth motion. I do not hold the clutch but pull it in twist the throttle and release all in one smooth motion, it will take a while to find what works for you.

My advice is start small with less rpm until you get comfortable, *Cover your rear brake with your right foot, it will save you from looping*, make sure you have lots of room to play around like a big empty parking lot and dont think you'll be riding balence point in one afternoon lol, it takes time. I ride my wheelies sitting down and i am still getting comfortable, most likely try second gear next season but i am still learning as well.

Rob

Old 11-17-2012, 12:28 PM
Default wheelies... and stuff...

Never done it with a bike, tried it with a bicycle. For what I've seen and know that's not a good idea at all. If you want some acrobatics just get yourself a "close to dead" bike and wheelie as long as you wish to then you only hurt your body and pride, not your wallet. Personnally I think:
Hondas have wings but bikers don't fly... My dad? He always say if it has two wheels it's because they're meant to be on the ground...