CBR 600F4 1999 - 2000 Honda CBR 600F4 Forum

No spark no fuel no lights no start NEED HELP

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2017, 12:54 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No spark no fuel no lights no start NEED HELP

I have a 99 CBR600F4 that was given to me. The previous owner got fed up with it amd gave it to me. Heres what i have noticed so far.
The previous owner said he would give me as much information on it that he got when he got it then walked inside. Since i have started running through it i have noticed that none of the fuses are blown and none have blown while going through my tests. I have gone through the wiring and have patched up all breaks and potential breaks and still no change. Someone has removed the fuel pump and wired the 2 wires together in an attempt to "bypass" the fuel pump. They ran a straight hose directly to the carbs. On my model the coils are actually part of the spark plug boot system and i am recieving no spark. I have gone through with a test light and hage gotten it to where, on the 4 wires leading from the starter relay, 2 of them to light up when i click the starter button on the hand controls. The other 2 wires seem to have constant power. But it still doesnt turn over the starter motor. If i jump across the starter relay it will start the starter motor but does no good seeing as how i have no spark.
Where im at and what i believe is the problem. I have a new wiring harness on the way but now dont believe that is my problem. I have a new fuel pump on the way also. I have noticed on the wiring diagram the there are 2 fuel related relays. One is a fuel pump transfer relay and the other is a fuel cut off relay. The fuel pump transfer relay leads into the fuel cutoff relay which, from the fuel cut off relay, leads to the fuel pump and the coils/spark plugs. Could the fuel cut off relay be my issue? Does the fuel pump transfer relay and or the fuel cut off relay control spark to the coils/spark plugs? Is it the ICM? Is there anyway to test, reset or bypass the fuel pump transfer relay and or fuel cutoff relay? Thank you for you help.

Old 09-28-2017, 04:58 AM
Super Moderator
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Hi , first of all did the PO give you all the documents for the bike, has been known that someone gets a bike ,sorts it out then previous owner turns up to claim it back, as far as the bike goes ,I'd just wait till you've got the loom and the pump fitted , then shout up, just to make sure that your starting from a firm base, then I'm sure the forum can get it sorted

Old 09-28-2017, 09:15 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes he gave me all the proper documents. I am hoping the wiring harness and fuel pump come in today. At least the fuel pump.