CBR 600F4 1999 - 2000 Honda CBR 600F4 Forum

New member means new photos

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2013 | 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by 500tie
Dean0 I've heard about this cat & fiddle road as a few years ago I used to own a subaru impreza and a few of the guys on the owners club lived up that way and used to rant and rave about it. Although a biker I know from the gixxer forum got mega banned from that area
Great road - somewhat ruined now with all the average speed cameras on it but a nice road to ride.

It was becoming a race track and the daily accidents ( and many deaths ) got it rated as the most dangerous road in europe.

Old 02-26-2013 | 01:52 PM
|

Think I remember one of those police camera crash programmes saying about it being one of the most dangerous in Europe. I'd probably come up for that if there was others going up from down my way otherwise it's a long way with just your helmet for company

Old 02-26-2013 | 01:58 PM

You guys ever got out into North Wales, give me a shout and we'll meet up. Always good to see fella F4 owners... slowly but surely we'll be dying away... christ thinking about it, our bikes are around 14 years old this year... jesus!!!

Old 02-26-2013 | 02:04 PM

Originally Posted by Pugheaven
You guys ever got out into North Wales, give me a shout and we'll meet up. Always good to see fella F4 owners... slowly but surely we'll be dying away... christ thinking about it, our bikes are around 14 years old this year... jesus!!!
My Blackbird is 16 this year and still runs sweet
Needed a couple of reliability mods like swapping to the Reg/Rec from a Yamaha R1 and an uprated cam chain tensioner.
I rebuilt the front forks with racetech valving, longer springs and shorter spacers, then got a k-tech rear shock built for me.
Can't think of anything I would rather own.

It's my mate who bought the 600F and he loves it.

Old 02-27-2013 | 05:16 PM

Originally Posted by 500tie
I'm into detailing so ill also be stripping her right down in the summer for a full detail. The other thing though is that Hondas are generally bomb proof aslong as its well maintained and they certainly didn't make it to just sit around that's how I look at it so I'm very happy riding her all year round
I'll be cleaning up /detailing mine the best i can too - there is quite a few scrapes around on the bodywork when you look closely but looks fine from a distance - I have just brought a Stainless Steel bolt kit for mine as have 2 bolts missing and a lot of the others on there are grubby so that will help to make it look better too.

Old 02-28-2013 | 02:35 AM

Originally Posted by Black'n'Yellow
I'll be cleaning up /detailing mine the best i can too - there is quite a few scrapes around on the bodywork when you look closely but looks fine from a distance - I have just brought a Stainless Steel bolt kit for mine as have 2 bolts missing and a lot of the others on there are grubby so that will help to make it look better too.
Just make sure to use some anti corrosion grease on the stainless screws ( they make good friends with aluminium if left alone )
DO NOT USE COPPASLIP - or another copper based grease - it only adds a third metal in to the electrolitic corrosion mix.
Use aluminium anti seize grease - far better for bikes in general.

Old 03-01-2013 | 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by Dean0
Just make sure to use some anti corrosion grease on the stainless screws ( they make good friends with aluminium if left alone )
DO NOT USE COPPASLIP - or another copper based grease - it only adds a third metal in to the electrolitic corrosion mix.
Oh I was going to use coppaslip as thought that would be OK?

Thanks a lot for the advice, I will look for some of Ali anti seize then
for the bolts

Old 03-01-2013 | 04:41 PM

Oh I was going to use coppaslip as thought that would be OK?

Thanks a lot for the advice, I will look for some of Ali anti seize then
for the bolts
Expensive lesson learned the hard way - not had any issues since i moved to aluminium anti seize paste.

Old 03-01-2013 | 06:06 PM

Originally Posted by Dean0
Hi Dean0

I went looking for Aluminum Anti Seize as you recommended and came across this from a stainless steel bolt provider for motorcycles that says the opposite to what you have found :

Helpdesk : Inox Fasteners UK - Quality Stainless Steel Fasteners

I think I will have to look further into this

Old 03-02-2013 | 04:19 AM

Hi Dean0

I went looking for Aluminum Anti Seize as you recommended and came across this from a stainless steel bolt provider for motorcycles that says the opposite to what you have found :

Helpdesk : Inox Fasteners UK - Quality Stainless Steel Fasteners

I think I will have to look further into this
Very surprised to read that.
I know of at least 20 guys that have sacked off the copper grease and gone to aluminium anti seize grease.
There bikes and mine have never had a seized bolt since.

Molyslip say there Aluslip is for extreme conditions - Anti-seize Compounds - Molyslip Atlantic Limited

And these guys say different too - Aluminum Based High Temperature Anti Seize | Extreme Pressure | Superior Industries, Inc.

I am an ex aerospace engineering tech and I am sticking with the aluminium anti seize.

Quick Reply: New member means new photos