CBR 600F4 1999 - 2000 Honda CBR 600F4 Forum

neutrol

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2006, 04:50 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default neutrol

I got a problem when i got my bike on neutral the green light wount turn on but sometimes it does and then the fuse for my cluster and back lights keep blowing how can i fix this two things? i really think that the problem with the cluster and back lights is my turning signal on the front of the bike i think thats why it keeps blowing the fuse since the wiring on them look all fuc*** up but im not sure im gonna disconnect the turning signals tomorrow to see if thats the problem but im not sure that if that would have anything to do with the cluster and my back lights. but for sure I got no idea why the neutral green light would only work sometimes. please i need some help all this happen since i took my bike to the shop so i really dont wanna take it to another one, so if anybody can help me please do. thanks in advance i will really appreciate thanks again.

Old 12-04-2006, 04:28 AM
Default RE: neutrol

Green spray paint, over that lense where the neutral indicator is, then it will always be on for ya :-D

Old 12-04-2006, 08:08 PM

u are so funny man hahahaha u retard.

Old 12-05-2006, 12:57 AM

Sounds like your neutral switch could be bad. Take the wire off the switch and just touch it to a ground anywhere. If the neutral light comes on, you'll need to replace the switch. Another cause could be that the neutral wire may have a cut in it somewhere and only comes on at certain times because the two ends of the wire just happen to touch or a bad connection caused by loose wires and/or corrosion. I would highly recommend getting a service manual for the wiring diagram so you can isolate the neutral wire (prob. light green in color) and trace this wire to the connector and to the meter assembly to find the problem. As for your problem of blowing a fuse, a neat trick for finding shorts in a wiring harness without ripping apart the entire bike is to solder two wires to an average 35 watt bulb (turn signal bulb works great). One wire to the outside of the socket and one wire to the positive contact on the bottom of the bulb (surrounded by black). Remove the fuse that keeps blowing and replace the fuse with the two wires. Once you figure out the neutral light problem, the bulb should be on when the bike is turned on. From there, start disconnecting connectors that are part of that circuit. (I believe with this fuse it is the turn signal, tail light, license light, meter lights, and the horn circuits). Once you disconnect the part of the circuit that is shorted, the light will go out. Then look at the wires after the connector and you should find either a cut in a wire that is touching something that its not supposed to be or an improper connection.