CBR 600F4 1999 - 2000 Honda CBR 600F4 Forum

need help installing jet kit

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2010, 04:12 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by brveagle
Why did you purchase a jet kit for a slip on/filter?

I'm curious as to whether you actually are gaining any "power".

Remember, more fuel doesn't equal more power. In fact it's the opposite. Lean is mean.

I run stock jets on my f4 with a D&D pipe and k&n and have no issues what so ever.
the stock cans are super restrictive, and factory filters are not high flow, you are adding more air, and these bikes already run lean to pass smog.

I didnt really notice much of a gain after adding the slip on, and k&n filter, but after I jetted it, I noticed a huge difference

Im a little curious as to why you have not jetted your bike yet, that is what unlocks all the power.

you have to tune your bike to the the most power out of your mods.

it is night and day jetted and not jetted, it feels like a whole new bike, tons more power!!! your missing out

Old 05-23-2010, 09:40 AM

What i did was install a wideband on the motorcycle, and then did WOT pulls in each gear and monitored the A/F ratio. I determined that a "jet kit" would only hurt performance, as I was only off of stoich a small bit. (high 14's)

If i were to even play with the needle some, i would have been dropping the A/F ratio into the 13's.

I can't imagine how rich you must be running with your clip all the way down on the needle.

If i were you, i'd take your bike to a dyno and see what your a/f ratio is. I think you're gonna be suprised by how rich you are. It's your bike, i'm not trying to talk trash or anything, just don't understand your reasoning. I think your mid rpm bog is giving you the feeling of amazing pull once it clears out...

BTW, i'm at around 900 ft altitude.

Old 05-23-2010, 11:23 AM

Originally Posted by brveagle
What i did was install a wideband on the motorcycle, and then did WOT pulls in each gear and monitored the A/F ratio. I determined that a "jet kit" would only hurt performance, as I was only off of stoich a small bit. (high 14's)

If i were to even play with the needle some, i would have been dropping the A/F ratio into the 13's.

I can't imagine how rich you must be running with your clip all the way down on the needle.

If i were you, i'd take your bike to a dyno and see what your a/f ratio is. I think you're gonna be suprised by how rich you are. It's your bike, i'm not trying to talk trash or anything, just don't understand your reasoning. I think your mid rpm bog is giving you the feeling of amazing pull once it clears out...

BTW, i'm at around 900 ft altitude.
there is no midrange bog, i fixed that by raising the needle, I checked the plugs before jetting, and they looked a little lean, just checked them this morning and they look purfect!!

Old 05-24-2010, 05:59 PM

No 2 motors are the same. A mod can alter A/F dramatically on one engine and not have much effect on another. Manufacturing differences. Always best to do plug checks (or a wideband if you have access to one) before ordering a jet kit. Adding an exhaust or filter doesn't automatically mean you HAVE to rejet.

Old 05-27-2010, 03:49 PM

Your forgetting that you have different brand pipe that's going to make the biggest difference since Honda tooling is more accurate than completely different built pipes.