CBR 600F4 1999 - 2000 Honda CBR 600F4 Forum

need help

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2007, 11:32 PM
sin
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need help

ok i know this is my first post and i hate asking for help on my first post but imat a loss here.

i have a 2000 f4 it ran fine a year or so ago until one day it started acting up and something else came up and never got the chance to work on it.

i started it up today after putting in a new battery. it started right upo and runs fine in with no load on the engine. as soon as i put it in gear and go to ride it does fine until about 5000 rpm then it starts stuttering almost like missfiring. this gets worse the higher the rpm goes up. by about 9000 its cutting in and out so bad that its unrideable. the plugs are all new and i know it needs a valve adjustment. could this be caused by the vlaves being out of whack.

any help will be appreciated.

Old 05-21-2007, 01:52 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: need help

If there is something wrong with your cam timing or the valves that can definately do it at higher RPM. One thing to double check first is that all your hoses are properly connected. Especially if the air injection control valve isn't properly connected, that can cause some screwy things to happen. (It's the little solenoid looking thing under the front of the gas tank above the coils.)