CBR 600F4 1999 - 2000 Honda CBR 600F4 Forum

motorcycle renting

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2011, 11:41 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default motorcycle renting

so does anyone know of any places to rent a motorcycle in the atlanta, ga area? My cousin wants to come down and ride with me, but its impossible for him to bring his bike down from Toronto, Canada. So he asked me to look into renting. Not sure if that is easily found. I would like to rent a super-sport bike, preferably a CBR 600.

Old 01-07-2011, 12:30 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

There are (or used to be) places in/around Atlanta to rent sport bikes or cruisers.

Keep in mind that renting motorcycles will require a sizable 'reserve' placed on your credit card. Typically, its upwards of $2k. This serves as security while the bike is in your possession. He might want to make a quick call to his credit card co. just to let them know that will occur. Otherwise, they might place a 'hold' on the card after the reserve is placed.

Hope you guys are able to get it arranged. Have fun.

Old 01-07-2011, 01:01 PM

thanks for the info!
do you remember the name of the places in atlanta? i looked on the internet and emailed a few places, but none of them have sport bikes for rent.

Old 01-07-2011, 04:06 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

The one place that I was thinking of doesn't appear to be there any more...or they've changed their name.

This place looks promising... http://www.renthondas.com/Rentals.aspx

Also, check out motohobo.com .

If your cousin can't find a sport bike to rent, try being open-minded to renting something different like a sport-touring bike or cruiser. While I'm primarily a sport bike rider these days & have 3 in my garage, I have ridden dirt/motocross, dual-sports/sport-touring, & cruisers in the past. A couple of yrs ago, I had the opportunity to ride both a Honda Shadow Aero 750 & a Kawasaki KLR650 for separate day-trips. I really had a blast & enjoyed both days of riding something a little different.

Anyway, good luck on finding something at a reasonable price.

Old 01-07-2011, 04:34 PM

I would rent a cruiser, but not a sportbike. I'll be looking into renting a Harley while I'm down in Orlando later this month.

Old 01-10-2011, 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by gotcbr
The one place that I was thinking of doesn't appear to be there any more...or they've changed their name.

This place looks promising... http://www.renthondas.com/Rentals.aspx

Also, check out motohobo.com .

If your cousin can't find a sport bike to rent, try being open-minded to renting something different like a sport-touring bike or cruiser. While I'm primarily a sport bike rider these days & have 3 in my garage, I have ridden dirt/motocross, dual-sports/sport-touring, & cruisers in the past. A couple of yrs ago, I had the opportunity to ride both a Honda Shadow Aero 750 & a Kawasaki KLR650 for separate day-trips. I really had a blast & enjoyed both days of riding something a little different.

Anyway, good luck on finding something at a reasonable price.
thanks gotcbr! i checked out both of those places before i posted here. i'll keep looking for places and report back if i find anything.