CBR 600F4 1999 - 2000 Honda CBR 600F4 Forum

my first bike 2000 honda cbr 600f4 any advice?

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2010, 09:59 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking my first bike 2000 honda cbr 600f4 any advice?

im new owner of a 2000 honda cbr 600f4 i was wondering if i can get some information on things i might wanna know about it.. this is my first bike and i can use any advice. im ok working on cars here and there but not much. i would like to know where to get good parts and any key points that would help me out. also since iam female my bike is lowered is this going to become a problem for me?

Old 08-29-2010, 11:13 AM

Im in exactly the same boat you are in. I bought an F4 as my first bike and have worked on it non-stop just trying to pretty it up, which there is nothing wrong with.

Bikes are meant to be ridden though, and to ride you should deffinately go through some basic and intermediate riders courses. The Marine Corps required me to do a basic riders course, which I had looked at like a chore, untill I actualy went....theres alot of good in those courses.

Any pictures of the bike?

You can see my progress on mine in "Advice on cleaning up my F4" which should be on the first page, below your thread.

Welcome to CBRForum.com

Old 08-29-2010, 11:49 AM

ya i bought mine real cheap thinking i was getting a good deal and instead i should have just spent another thousand bucks so i wouldn't have to keep fixing up and actually fixing the damn thing. i like working on it though. it just makes me mad when i want to ride and its broke. i do think i have it completely working now though, no more bad parts on this bike for me.

Old 08-29-2010, 09:09 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Welcome aboard Vkurko. Feel free to ask for help w/ whatever you need. Hopefully, someone will come along & help.

As for the bike-lowering question, you'll get arguments for/against. Either way, I'd recommend that if you're going to lower, you have a good suspension tech work w/ you to make sure the bike is set up right for your particular needs.

Old 08-30-2010, 08:22 AM

i did take a basic rider course... at first did not want to but i stand by it and think everyone should.. plus it was fun i had a great class and would do it again any day... and in a year i am gonna take the advanced course with my own bike.... i added pics and i am not sure how to use this site yet so i have no idea how to look at your bike.. can you message me or maybe e mail it? thanks for your help..

Old 08-30-2010, 08:25 AM

what was wrong with it? i have ad a few ppl look over mine and tell me everything is good and i got a good deal on it anyways so cant complain much

Old 08-31-2010, 07:26 AM

Its a good looking bike, I like the color. It looks great lowered too! Has anything else been done to it? Do you plan on doing anything to it?

Most of my parts I get online are from www.bikebandit.com
OEM and aftermarket parts galore!

Old 08-31-2010, 09:41 AM

Originally Posted by vkurko
what was wrong with it? i have ad a few ppl look over mine and tell me everything is good and i got a good deal on it anyways so cant complain much
oh lets see, the right side switch went out, which caused the R/R to go out, which caused the fuel pump to go out and then my finally my headlight. All of this on the way home from college at night it was a slow process and i knew it was happening but i didn't have the $320 to fix it at the time.

what else, had to redo the POS mechanics dirty work and rewire my whole bike, i spent literally 8 hours trying to get the oil pan drain plug out, it was seized very, very well and had a rounded off head before i even started working on it.

ummm what else, oh ya, horn was broke, my intrument panel quit for awhile until i fixed that. the previous owner put random sized bolts in any hole he could find when he lost the ones that were supposed to go in them.

Old 08-31-2010, 09:42 AM

Originally Posted by Wheres-Waldo
Its a good looking bike, I like the color. It looks great lowered too! Has anything else been done to it? Do you plan on doing anything to it?

Most of my parts I get online are from www.bikebandit.com
OEM and aftermarket parts galore!
use cheapcycleparts.com as they are routinely cheaper than bikebandit.com
usually by like 10 percent or more.

Old 08-31-2010, 07:22 PM

from personal experience my F4 was lowered when I bought it this springtime up until about 2 weeks ago when i sucked it up and ordered links..
The bike handles like a new machine and MUCH MUCH MUCH better than it did previously.
One thing that I did notice also is that the stock header pipes had plenty of road rash on them from bottoming out and taking corners with passengers on etc.. you could hear it rub so you had to be very carefull.
It also wheelies a million times easier raised back up.
I would suggest not lowerin it and just get used to it bein a little bit taller

Quick Reply: my first bike 2000 honda cbr 600f4 any advice?