CBR 600F4 1999 - 2000 Honda CBR 600F4 Forum

Mini-Ride report

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2006, 12:27 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Mini-Ride report

I took the F4 for it's maiden tour... just over 700kms in one day. Averaged out to 51mpg which was pretty damn respectable I thought. (I tucked a full tank ~300kms for 51.something and I tucked half a tank for 50.something) That's a pretty short day for me, but it was this bikes first tour and I wasn't going for the ride so much as the visit.

All in all - very comfortable. I wrapped my travel bag in a clear plastic bag and cargo netted it to the tail and all of my spare gear stayed dry.

report?

I left at 5am in the morning and slabbed it across to PEI. Being as it was slab there isn't much to report other than tucked in I was warmish. I didn't back the suspension off... I got on some concreate road that had a bump rimple to it at just the wrong distance between bumps. The first three bumps just about broke ribs. After that I stood on the pegs for nearly a mile to get off the god damn stuff. That was the only discomfort for the whole day. Took about 3 hours to do the distance and with only 1 gas stop.

I returned that evening after visiting - another 3 hours. I tidely avoided a good sized storm by timing it just right. I saw alot of other really wet riders. Normally I wouldn't have carred but I'm still wearing some definately poor rain tires (diablo supercorsas).

I had to stop to pay for the toll - normally I pay the toll and duck walk to the edge to put my gloves back on and put away the wallet. I started to move and toll guy said "Hold it! You're a motor vehicle you don't have to move"... I asked - 'you ride a bike?' as he obviously was clued into the bike/car problems... and so as I put my gloves on we had a quick chat... it was really kind of cool to have a toll guy say something and be so biker friendly.

Two days prior to this we dyno'ed the bike - with the change in gearing 3rd gear ran from 40km/h (3600rpm) to 166km/h (~14000rpm)

After typing all that - nothing much happened... hrm... I've got to get out more

Old 08-16-2006, 12:34 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Mini-Ride report

just the sort of bike for that outing. how many miles you got on the bike ( very cosmopolitan to speak in KMs ) glad you're enjoying it!

Old 08-16-2006, 01:07 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Mini-Ride report

I've been working full time and commuting in the car... I've only logged ~3000km in the first month of ownership. I try to aim for 10,000 a year sometimes going over it. This year without any major trips planned that will be harder to achieve.

The bike has now just crossed the 50,000km mark - still has lots of life in her.

Loving the bike... I almost needed my homebrew heated vest on sunday morning. When I hook up the voltometer I'll also run an accessory lead to the front for the vest.

I'm up in the Great White North... I try to convert to miles on the fly, but usually talk in kilometres. If my miles are off it was some bad mental math.

I see by your title your bike either has a lot of miles or you log alot of miles? Not into the Iron Butt crowd are you? I've got a few friends that have done the ralley on their 250s and several SSs on the 250s.