CBR 600F4 1999 - 2000 Honda CBR 600F4 Forum

How do you pick a rear stand?

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2008, 05:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How do you pick a rear stand?

Hi guys, I am getting annoyed working on my f4 without a stand. I guess the question is, does it really matter what one you get? There seems to be two types, one with paddles that lifts the bike by the swingarm and one that requires some type of modicfication to the swigarm so you can lift the bike by notches in the stand. I would prefer not to modify my bike. That said can I just pick any stand up off of ebay or is there somewhere else I should be looking? Also, do you need a front and back or is just the back sufficent most of the time? Thanks.

Old 12-14-2008, 06:16 AM
Default RE: How do you pick a rear stand?

I bought the t-rex stands off ebay awhile back for pretty cheap. they work well. I have both front and back, I dont use the front as often as the back, but the set wasnt too much more than just buying one. I think I got the set for like $89 or something like that....but there alot more now.

Old 12-14-2008, 07:24 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My bike is worth the cost of Pitbull stands front and rear.

Old 12-14-2008, 10:31 AM

ORIGINAL: TheX

they both do the same...only thing I like btter about pitbull stands are they are one peice, where as trex each stand is 3 peices...

Old 12-14-2008, 01:40 PM

I haven't yet seen a stand that seems unworthy. I bought my front and rear from ebay for around $100 shipped. I would get a front one also man, it's nice to have if you want to pull the front wheel off. There are 2 types of fronts. Onelifts under the forks and one has a peg that goes into the center of the lower triple camp. You can do more with the latter.

Old 12-14-2008, 02:05 PM

ORIGINAL: N8 Dawg

ORIGINAL: TheX

they both do the same...only thing I like btter about pitbull stands are they are one peice, where as trex each stand is 3 peices...
I stand by my statement.

Old 12-15-2008, 04:29 PM

So I guess an ebay stand is A-ok? Do most of you store your bikes on stands in the winter? In that case I suppose I should have a front and rear stand or else my front tire would get a flat spot right? N8 Dawg it seems that to Canada I am looking at over 80$ for just a rear stand, does anyone have any other good choices for internet orders? Thanks. Otherwise ebay it is.

Old 12-15-2008, 04:40 PM

My bike is on the rear stand everyday when I get home from work. It's a habit, and I think a good one. I have spools so it's super stable.

Old 12-15-2008, 05:01 PM

TheX Is it ok to have the bike stored on just the rear stand? Sorry this is my first year with a bike, still learning.

Old 12-16-2008, 08:03 AM

I store mine on both stands in the winter....but if you dont have the money for both, get a rear stand and then when you need a front stand you can get one then(but its cheaper to buy as a set). theresquite a few of stands out there, and some people have even built there own. I didnt have $200+ to throw at a set of pitbull stands, and everybody that had the t-rex stands said they were good, so I bought them.

theres been alot of topics on stands if you search....but then again the search isnt that great.....

Quick Reply: How do you pick a rear stand?