CBR 600F4 1999 - 2000 Honda CBR 600F4 Forum

help please woman. assassinated my bike!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2011, 09:12 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry help please woman. assassinated my bike!!

Hey guys I need a little bit of help. So last night I come home from a great day of riding at the Midwest Ohio breakout ride and I decide to drive me truck the rest of the night. Well when I get home I see me ed girls car speeding off as I get on my street and I see my bike laying down. The chick came over just to knock my bike over. The mirror is broken the tail fairing is cracked and it won't start. I smell gas like it was leaking or something and it makes a clicking noise when trying to start it. Not the dead battery clicking but something else like the plugs are wet or something. Any ideas I just want my bike to start up again. BTW its a Cbr600f4 2000. Should I jus wait and see if it dries out or do you think I have a real problem? Anything would help.

Old 05-01-2011, 11:24 AM

the fuel is likely just fuel that has leaked out of on overflow somewhere from being on its side, don't worry about it.

as for the clicking, when its on its side, sometimes oil can seep up past the rings, of course, oil doesn't like to be compressed, so it stalls the engine, or stops it from turning over. Having fluid in there is called hydrolocked. I probably spelled that wrong! haha.

First order of business, take the plugs out, then hit the starter, it should turn over. turn it over with the plugs out for 20-30 seconds to blow out any fluid and **** that has seeped up above the rings. clean your plugs, and throw them back in again.

Now it should start without a problem.

I'm pretty sure those don't have a mercury switch like later model r6's etc, so i don't think that's an issue.

Last edited by regener8ed; 05-01-2011 at 01:28 PM. Reason: FTFY
Old 05-01-2011, 01:20 PM
MZ5

Slightly OT: Did you call the police?

Old 05-01-2011, 04:14 PM

Leave it to a woman to try and take out the only true loves of our life. I had a simular problem once bro and believe me the police are the best choice, and then hit her in the pocket book.

Old 05-01-2011, 10:29 PM

Originally Posted by tigertim20
the fuel is likely just fuel that has leaked out of on overflow somewhere from being on its side, don't worry about it.

as for the clicking, when its on its side, sometimes oil can seep up past the rings, of course, oil doesn't like to be compressed, so it stalls the engine, or stops it from turning over. Having fluid in there is called hydrolocked. I probably spelled that wrong! haha.

First order of business, take the plugs out, then hit the starter, it should turn over. turn it over with the plugs out for 20-30 seconds to blow out any fluid and **** that has seeped up above the rings. clean your plugs, and throw them back in again.

Now it should start without a problem.

I'm pretty sure those don't have a mercury switch like later model r6's etc, so i don't think that's an issue.
Thanks for the response. I tried taking out the plugs and starting it (didn't know oil and crap would shoot all over me face and clothes LOL) and after that i cleaned the plugs with a wire brush and carb cleaner but when i put them back it still wont start. It does seem like it was closer to kicking on but i think i need to drain the fluid out of there some how. Any ideas? Is there anything else that i can do or should i just do the same thing again? Man i hate stupid women ( not all women just the dumb *** ones like my ex).

Old 05-02-2011, 02:06 PM

can anyone else help? i really need to figure this out.

Old 05-03-2011, 08:27 AM

is it turning over freely now?

If so, whip the plugs out again, see if theyre dirty again, if so, yes do it again. once you are sure you have most of the stuff out, try pouring about 5-10ml of petrol into each cyliner and see if it fires up.
If you still have no go, check that your fuel flow is still constant, tipping over may have damaged something.

Also, while the plugs are out, put the plug leads on the plugs, and rest them against the engine block, and turn it over to see if you can see spark at all. you should see a strong spark from each plug.

Old 05-03-2011, 11:54 AM

Actually I just got it started this morning its blowing a lot of smoke because I guess its burning that oil off inside the cylinders. Turns out after I cleaned the plugs the first time I just needed to charge the battery with my trickle charger. It's cool now. Do I have to wait til the oil burns off for it to stop smoking or is there a way that I can get it to stop smoking with a chemical or Carb cleaner or something. I really don't kno lol.

Old 05-03-2011, 01:15 PM

i thought it would start up sooner or later!!

No, just take it for a run, nothing too strenuous, just go for a cruise for half an hour and it should burn the crap out. remember to check your oil level too, i doubt a large amount got through, but it wont hurt to check it out

Old 05-03-2011, 02:12 PM

Thanks for all the help man I'm happy my new girlfriend is up and running lol. I can't wait until the rain stops I'm going on a much needed anti stress ride.

Quick Reply: help please woman. assassinated my bike!!