CBR 600F4 1999 - 2000 Honda CBR 600F4 Forum

Help

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2009, 08:36 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Help

K so I'll paint the picture for you all. Two days ago I pulled my bike out to go for a little ride. This was the first time I rode it since I dropped it last Aug. Well here I am riding around for about 2 hours ( everything seems fine too went on the highway did some stop and goes etc.) Well I come to a stop sign, check both ways, start to pull off and BAME the bike gives a lil jerk and cuts off. WTF at first I thought I musta had it in 2nd or something, turn the key off and back on, and the bike doesnt start. Hell, none of the electrical even comes on. Now the bikes in the garage dead as a door ****. Some1 please help? could it be the stator?batt? I have no clue.

Old 03-08-2009, 10:20 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

did you check the main fuse? there is a 30 amp fuse between the battery and fusebox. also check all the other fuses.

Old 03-08-2009, 01:12 PM

Where would the 30 amp fuse be located?

Old 03-08-2009, 01:51 PM
KLO

if i remember right, all the fuses should be under the seat in a lil box on the left side of the bike.

Old 03-08-2009, 10:28 PM

Thanks for your help guys, it was the main fuse that blew. Now I just have to figure out why? Something must be grounding.

Old 03-18-2009, 08:49 AM

Update: Now that I've figured out why my bike has been dying ( main fuse broke) I can not for the life of me figure out whats the reason for burning through 6 fuses in the past two rides. I know that something has to be hitting ground that runs to the 30 amp fuse. Only problem is that there are so many areas to inspect. Does any1 have any advice for me on this situation? / has any1 every had this problem? Im going to strip the bike down tonight and start with the ignition. Im just wondering is there any areas that I should pay speacial attention to? Thankyou so much in advance for the help.
~Dave

Old 03-18-2009, 12:33 PM

your best bet is just to start from here:
http://www.bossturbo.com/cbr/referen...ng_diagram.jpg

4 wires to the main fuse

R/W goes to regulator rectifier

R goes to a split between another R wire that goes to Ignition Switch while other goes to gauge cluster

G/R does the same, it splits to Diode and to a connector where it comes out as black and goes to the clutch switch. At the Diode it comes out as Lg/R and Lg. The Lg/R wire goes to the "Neutral or N" on the cluster while the Lg wire goes to Neutral on the Ignition Control Module...however, on the way there another wire piggybacks off of it. It is still Lg but it goes to the actual Neutral Switch which I guess is either at the shifter or in the transmission somewhere.

Last one, Y/R goes to the Engine Stop - Starter Switch

I just gave you a starting point. I didn't follow everything out of the switch for Y/R but the others are concrete, they don't go anywhere else. If you don't find anything for the other wires just follow the Bl/W wire coming out of the Engine Stop-Starter Switch..that's the "would-be" Y/R wire. The Bl/W wire goes to a number of things such as the ignition coils(where spark plugs connect), Fuel Cutoff Relay, Fuel Pump Transfer Relay where it connects to fuel pump when this relay is engergized. It also connects to the Solenoid Valve Relay.

Wiring can be a pain in the *** but you'll find it. Something must of got pulled loose or the covering may have scraped off when you wrecked and it's grounding. Good luck

Last edited by Aweasel; 03-18-2009 at 12:35 PM. Reason: link is acting screwy...if it doesn't work just google f4 wiring diagram and go to the bossturbo.com one...it's huge
Old 03-23-2009, 07:39 AM

Aweasel, thanks for your help man, as of now the only thing i noticed was that one of the wires to the ignition was slightly bare ( about 1/4 was exposed) Im guessing that that wire may have came into contact with the frame. Not really sure but i re insulated it and Im going to check the other wires to the fuse.
~Dave

Old 03-23-2009, 10:16 AM

i had this issue on one of my older bikes, turnd out i just had a bad ground to the frame, i guess the bolt vibrated loose. so i would go over all the grounds and make sure they are tight or if you wanna get real picky clean them up a little with a wire brush