CBR 600F4 1999 - 2000 Honda CBR 600F4 Forum

Greetings

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2011, 10:20 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Greetings

Hi guys, I am new to this forum and would like to introduce myself first. My name is Lance and am from Ontario, Canada. I discovered this site yesterday and have been reading it non stop. It's just simply addicting. What a great site and ppl. I am indeed a beginner rider and just bought the bike last week. It's a blacked out 00 CBR600 F4 with 29,000km (roughly 20,000miles) on it. I used to drive a standard, so the clutch and gas system seems all make sense to me. I have been taking extra precaution and only been riding/learning on my buddy's driveway. (My training lesson is starting in 2 weeks) Anyway, I love my new toy.

I am thinking about a few mods in the future:
1)H.I.D headlights, I have a few ballasts lying around that I took off my truck so I just need to know what kind of bulb that goes with the ballast.
2)New grips, the ones I have on right now are kinda sticky and old.
3)New levers.

Here is a picture of my bike of the day I bought her home.

Cheers.

Old 06-02-2011, 07:26 PM

nice bike, nice truck

grats

Old 06-02-2011, 09:05 PM

Thank you

Old 06-02-2011, 09:22 PM

welcome to the f4 forum nice bike the bulb you need is a 9003/h4 if you want high beam you have to get the bixenon kit with the relay and a good lever is the two finger lever made my bike alot smother and easier to shift.

Old 06-02-2011, 10:13 PM

Originally Posted by ohio nitro
welcome to the f4 forum nice bike the bulb you need is a 9003/h4 if you want high beam you have to get the bixenon kit with the relay and a good lever is the two finger lever made my bike alot smother and easier to shift.
great. thats good to know. How easy is it to change the levers?

Old 06-03-2011, 02:08 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Hi Lance,

You obviously like black. ;-) Any plans to change the color scheme of your bike?

BTW, good job on learning properly. It will pay dividends.

Old 06-03-2011, 02:42 PM

Originally Posted by gotcbr
Hi Lance,

You obviously like black. ;-) Any plans to change the color scheme of your bike?

BTW, good job on learning properly. It will pay dividends.
You look right through me. once go black, you just never go back...lol...the first thing I did when I brought her home was to peel these nasty stickers off. This is my first bike, so I don't think I am going to spend too much time/money on mods, especially cosmetic stuff. I am a new rider and I have so much to learn about the bikes and riding skills. I just want to have some fun with it and be safe, without having to worry too much about dropping it one day. I am a mechanical engineer so it's in my blood that I will be taking my bike apart and do all the maintenance myself.

I didnt learn how to ride a bicycle until I was 12. yah...don't laugh at me. My mom was a truck driver for 30+ years and believe me she saw some nasty things happened on the road becuase ppl were just being stupid...I guess you could say she was being too over protective...but can you blame her after seeing all these accidents on the road? Anyway...I think its better be safe than be sorry.