CBR 600F4 1999 - 2000 Honda CBR 600F4 Forum

Getting a bike, need some help.

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2007, 08:52 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Getting a bike, need some help.

Well, searching hasnt produced the results i was looking for so now im posting. Locally, i found a 2000 F4 for sale. It has 25k on the clock and he is selling it with an extra set of wheels w/tires, frame sliders & one wheel jack. It looks mint, nothing wrong with it AFAIK, never dropped, stunted,etc.... He's looking for $3800 for everything. Seems a bit high for the miles on the bike but he's also selling all the extra equip.

IDK, ive been looking and seen poeople buying newer bikes (02/03)with a lotfewer miles (1k-6k) for less money too. What do you think, is this a bit high or just abour right for everything that comes with it?

Thanks in advance for any insight.

Old 07-17-2007, 01:42 PM
Default RE: Getting a bike, need some help.

Well, im goin for it. Wish me luck i guess lol.

Old 07-17-2007, 04:23 PM

Only problem is there is no such thing as a 2000 f4i

Old 07-17-2007, 04:58 PM

Price range also depends on your area.

Old 07-17-2007, 05:03 PM

The frame sliders and jack arn't any real value at all. You can get frame sliders of ebay for $20 and a stand for about $50. Tires maby will be of some value if they are decent. Does it have any aftermarket hardware? Slipon, Powercommander, chain + sprockets?

Old 07-17-2007, 10:01 PM

Sorry for the late reply. But ya, its just an F4, that was a typo. Im in the New England area if thats of any help and apparently the only mod to the bike is a slipon exhaust.

Old 07-20-2007, 09:01 AM

Alright, im bringing this back. I got to check the bike out in person finally. It's ok. It was dropped once (so he claims) on the right side. It's scratched up but not too badand everything looks structurally sound but i didnt get to ride it. One thing that seemed strange is that he had a spare (this is noob i know)housing type deal. Left side of the bike, circular is shape and it pokes rightthrough the fairing. The one on the bike has scratches on it, he said he was sanding it down and gonna polish it, his spare is black. The sparewheels/tires;front tire wont hold air for long and the rear is shot, must have been is burnout tire. He's throwing in some extra stuff too; chain, repair manual, screws/rivets etc nothing too impressive but he did mention and extra set of fairings his 'buddy' had. Other services he said he did;oil/filter, air filter, fuel pump, lube and i forgot to ask about the forks.... Also, there's a ticking with the timing which he said is common (i think ive heard the same as well) which involves taking the whole motor out to fix. Mods included; D&D exhaust, double bubble windshield (cracked w/tape), grips, fender elim., seat cover (hmm?). He mentioned sprockets he had in it and took em out so im guessing he did some stunting. IDK it seemed pretty good at first, the orig. offer was $4500 and then when i talked to him on the phone he dropped it to $3700 minus the helmet/jacket. I offered $3500 when i was there and he'll get back to me. Any opinions appreciated.[/align][/align]* i dont have any pics that would help but here's the link:[/align]http://www.bargainnews.com/viewad.cf...&TheDealer=[/align][/align][/align] [/align][/align]* edit * forgot to mention i would be the 3rd owner.[/align]

Old 07-20-2007, 09:11 AM

$4500 is WAY too high. You can buy a 900RR for that and less. Or just about anything else for that matter. If you look hard enough I'm sure you could find a 929 in that range.

$3500 is fair. I would stick to it. You're not getting a smoking deal.........but it's not out of line.

It doesnt come with anything of any value so forget that stuff and gear from someone else is virtually worthless. Dont let him use that as a bargaining tool to raise the price.

I just read your other post and it sounds pretty rough............take your money and keep looking. There are good deals to be had and certainly better than this.

Craiglist in your area is a good starting point.........or Cycle Trader Online.........another good place. I would honestly look around more for a better deal. $4000 isnt chump change and unless it comes easy for you..........you dont want to throw it down on a POS. I recommend walking and looking for a better deal man. Good luck.

Old 07-20-2007, 09:37 AM

I was thinking the same, thanks for the input ill keep looking If i find another CBR ill mention it in a new thread. It just seemed pretty good at first and then i saw it. Next time i talk to em ill offer $2500 and if he doesnt like it, meh. From all the research ive done the honda is the best deal insurance wise so im still gonna try and find another. Thanks again.[/align]