CBR 600F4 1999 - 2000 Honda CBR 600F4 Forum

Fuel pump needed or not?

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2013, 01:08 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel pump needed or not?

Ok my f4 doesn't have a fuel pump should I put it on or am I good?

Old 02-28-2013, 02:37 AM

Originally Posted by cookml22
Ok my f4 doesn't have a fuel pump should I put it on or am I good?
Bike will run ok without it till the tank is low on fuel then it might cause issues because the fuel tap sits below the carb fuel intake and there will be nothing to push fuel up hill.

Old 02-28-2013, 03:01 AM

Would the lack of pump make it are to start? If I let it for more than a day or two it's hard to start

Old 02-28-2013, 03:02 AM

I found one on bike bandit dose any one have a pic if the line set up and where they all go so I can pipe it all in when it gets here

Old 02-28-2013, 05:53 AM

I found one on bike bandit dose any one have a pic if the line set up and where they all go so I can pipe it all in when it gets here
I would guess your fuel pipe currently goes from the fuel tap to the t-piece near the carbs directly - possibly through a filter.

No pics but re-piping is very easy.

1 Pipe from fuel tap to a fuel filter ( The fuel filter straps on to the bracket for the tickover adjuster )

1 Pipe from the fuel filter in to fuel pump.

1 Pipe from fuel pump up to carbs - t piece to feed both carb inlets.

Just make sure you identify the INLET and OUTLET correctly on the fuel filter and the fuel pump

Old 02-28-2013, 06:52 AM

Thanks , so it's just a basic inline with no vent tubes. The pic I found of it showed an evap canister to so I didn't know if that was related. And yes my current layout is from the tap to a inline filter to the carbs

Old 02-28-2013, 07:05 AM

Thanks , so it's just a basic inline with no vent tubes. The pic I found of it showed an evap canister to so I didn't know if that was related. And yes my current layout is from the tap to a inline filter to the carbs
Yep - basic piping - the pump shuts down when up to pressure - no vents or evap cans in the system.

Old 02-28-2013, 12:46 PM

Not sure if you saw my post in the other fuel pump thread close to this one, but I run no fuel pump and have never had any power issues or having to refuel early for like 3 years now. Just make sure that a fuel filter is used in the new line.

Old 02-28-2013, 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by fiddy_nutz
Not sure if you saw my post in the other fuel pump thread close to this one, but I run no fuel pump and have never had any power issues or having to refuel early for like 3 years now. Just make sure that a fuel filter is used in the new line.
I did and thank you fr your input, I've just had a few problems with the bike and still haveing a few and all of them seems to be a fuel delivery issues and seem to happen after about 150 miles or so, what's the normal range on one of these?

Old 02-28-2013, 02:36 PM

I did and thank you fr your input, I've just had a few problems with the bike and still haveing a few and all of them seems to be a fuel delivery issues and seem to happen after about 150 miles or so, what's the normal range on one of these?
Any chance you have tried opening the fuel cap when the problems start ? - does it run any better ?
Could be a blocked breather tube to the fuel tank.

Quick Reply: Fuel pump needed or not?