CBR 600F4 1999 - 2000 Honda CBR 600F4 Forum

fuel pump failure :(

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2013, 04:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Black'n'Yellow
A good point Dean0

I will ask my shop to supply me a piece just in case it happens again
Ive ran my 93 blade like this for a week and it works a treat BUT rememember to keep the bike full of petrol as you will have no reserve. This is becuase the pump is only there becuase the carbs are higher than the bottom of the tank and is needed for a small presure boost to compensate. Removing the pump makes the last of the fuel unavailable.not fun to find this out on a wet bypass in rush hour.

Old 05-19-2013, 04:55 PM

Since buying my aftermarket fuel pump i continued looking into alternative fuel pumps and came across this on "Horizons Unlimited" regarding Honda Africa Twin fuel problems -
Africa Twin Fuel Pump - Horizons Unlimited - The HUBB

and on checking out Facet Fuel pumps in the UK I found a site selling for very reasonable prices which should work on our bikes as the pressure appears to be about right

Facet Posi-Flow Electric Fuel Pump 1 5-4 00psi 60104 - special offer with straight unions

Again this may save a lot of money for anyone into working on the bike themselves and I have saved the paged and will inquire to get one as a spare for the future

Old 05-19-2013, 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by leakydave
Ive ran my 93 blade like this for a week and it works a treat BUT rememember to keep the bike full of petrol as you will have no reserve. This is becuase the pump is only there becuase the carbs are higher than the bottom of the tank and is needed for a small presure boost to compensate. Removing the pump makes the last of the fuel unavailable.not fun to find this out on a wet bypass in rush hour.
Thanks for the reply and reminding me of the need to keep the fuel tank reasonably full

Old 05-21-2013, 12:18 PM

The Facet 60104 isn't the one you want. Facet 40171 (made by purolator) is the correct pump for the F4 as it has the proper check valves to stop fuel from flowing into and flooding the carbs if you forget to shut off the petcock. It also flows at the correct 2-3.5 psi so it's not overpressuring the carbs. The best part is it's under $50 so half the cost of oem and it's solid state..no points to fail. I've had one in my F4 for 2 years and no problems at all. She runs better with the Facet pump than she ever did with hondas.

Old 05-26-2013, 07:25 PM

Originally Posted by Fobwareagle
The Facet 60104 isn't the one you want. Facet 40171 (made by purolator) is the correct pump for the F4 as it has the proper check valves to stop fuel from flowing into and flooding the carbs if you forget to shut off the petcock. It also flows at the correct 2-3.5 psi so it's not overpressuring the carbs. The best part is it's under $50 so half the cost of oem and it's solid state..no points to fail. I've had one in my F4 for 2 years and no problems at all. She runs better with the Facet pump than she ever did with hondas.
Thanks for the Info and advice on this - I will keep in mind when looking into for a spare when funds allow

Old 05-26-2013, 08:15 PM

Can someone take a pic of how the pump is mounted. Mine was bypassed when i got the bike now im trying to get back to original with the pump.

Old 05-27-2013, 02:03 AM

The OEM pump mounts on the right side of the rear subframe near the rear brake master cylinder. The OEM pump will fail, your better off going aftermarket.