CBR 600F4 1999 - 2000 Honda CBR 600F4 Forum

Found this CBR600F4 put out for big trash. Need help

Old 09-22-2017, 03:21 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Found this CBR600F4 put out for big trash. Need help

I am wondering where i might be able to get some help diagnosing an issue i have with my newly aquired CBR. Heres my story.
My CBR got stolen out of my garage by the guy who sold it to me. Really poor move. It was newer and i loved it. The cops wouldnt or couldnt do anything seeing as how i had met him through offerup and he brought it to my house. Depressed and feeling naked without a bike i stumbled upon a motorcycle sitting out by a big trash pile. A 1999 Honda CBR600F4. Reluctantly i went to the door and asked the owner who confirmed that it was indeed out by the trash for big trash. I had a quick conversation since he was on his way out the door about why it was by the trash and he said no power anywhere, no spark, been messing with it for 6 months and is fed up with it. Threw me the title and said good luck. I proceeded to walk the bike home with a flat front tire and half flat back tire.
3 miles later i finally made it home feeling as though i had been beaten with a broom stick but wasted no time in checking out my new machine. I noticed it smelled of old gas and the carb floats were stuck. Now the carbs are clean as a whistle and the floats have some amazing pressure. I pulled the plugs and cleaned them up. With guidance from the service manual i downloaded i started to check what mechanical issues or mechanisms that might be missing. No fuel pump and the clutch lever was a piece of bent pipe that was welded to a shaft but other than that, mechanically it was sound. I should also mention that the ignition where the key goes had been hammered out and mangled. With title in hand i did not worry to much.
Now on to my issue. What he said rings true. The wiring looks like a pissed off ex at one point went through and cut all the wires but someone went through it very well and hooked them all back up. I have been through all the connections and recombine the wires just to make sure there were no lose connections and traced the wire using the service manual and everything seems good. The only suspect wire is right behind the battery that i believe to be a bypass for the fuel pump.
With a battery in showing 12.7 on the volt meter and what i presume to be the key on i get no power, no lights, no spark, no ignition switch, no nothing. Since im not sure if the key is in the on position i decided to hotwire it and still no power what so ever. I can jump the silonoid and it turns over, has great compression but no spark.
What i believe is its either the ECM or there is something going on with the ignition that im missing.
I want to follow all forum rules so if i need to post this elsewhere within the forum please let me know and i will do that right away. I am in a fight to get my daughter back and need tranportation to get to all my meetings and classes so the sooner i can get this running the sooner i can see my daughter again. Thank you all for reading.