CBR 600F4 1999 - 2000 Honda CBR 600F4 Forum

First Bike....

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2008, 11:03 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First Bike....

Well this is my first bike and my first post...im a honda-tech member and am very familiar with forums.. i've been viewing the site for the past couple months and have finally made an account to start posting..enough with the b.s. down to the details..

a friend of mine tells me of amotorcycle he bought from a friend for use as a stunt bike/streetfighter..after he bought thisbike, a 929 basically fell on his lap so he picked that up and sold me the '99 F4 at a steal..at the time i wasnt even in the market for a bike but i couldnt pass on the deal..

its a 1999 Honda CBR 600 F4
11,5XX Miles

The Day I Picked Her Up
Name:  bike1.jpg
Views: 13
Size:  56.3 KB

Name:  bike2.jpg
Views: 12
Size:  62.9 KB

it also has a Two Brothers Exhaust
Name:  bike3.jpg
Views: 14
Size:  45.6 KB

i believe the tail has been modified also
Name:  bike4.jpg
Views: 15
Size:  45.6 KB

and a custom red seat

The bike was downed on the left side..needs new lower fairring, headlight, upper fairring and windscreen..
Name:  bike5.jpg
Size:  52.6 KB
all of those parts have been purchased on ebay and from various sites, and local people..

windscreen
Name:  bike7.jpg
Views: 13
Size:  65.3 KB

upper fairring/headlight
Name:  bike6.jpg
Size:  36.3 KB
this upper fairring is a little beatup but nothing thatme and some epoxycant handle i can make one solid piece out of this one and the one thats on the bike..

i have some parts on order which include: new decals, 10000k bi-xenonHID, new frame sliders, bar ends, and F4I tail conversion..
i picked the bike up only yesterday and it should be at paintby the end of the month. i have someideas im still throwing around but trust me the sceme will be out of control. maybe a custom burgunday or maybenorthstar white(so sexy)
From there straight to the local shop for a complete tune up. no point in it looking amazing but riding like a rat..all in all i just want a good clean ride..but as with my whips i cant ride in stock form...more updates in near future as soon as everything is pulled for paint.. positive feedback welcome.. "if it aint good dont say s**t.." thanks for looking..Dan

Old 03-11-2008, 02:12 AM
Default RE: First Bike....

can't wait to see pictures of her all better.

what'd you pay for it?

Old 03-11-2008, 11:24 AM
Default RE: First Bike....

Need some work, but the mileage is damn good. Keep us posted on the progress.