CBR 600F4 1999 - 2000 Honda CBR 600F4 Forum

fairings

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2008, 10:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fairings

I know this has been asked 100 times before more then likely but is there any company that makes a whole fairing set for the f4 besides the one on ebay that are from hong kong? If not does anyone know how well the ebay ones fit? thanks

Old 05-04-2008, 10:26 PM
Default RE: fairings

i just bought my first bike a 99CBR F4, its in awesome condition just that the right fairing has some scratches. I would say its not road rash, just like it scraped on a curb or something....

My bike is the red/black one and my main scratches are down by the gray 4F decal. Whats the easiest way going about getting it fixed/repaired? ive looked around for the last few days and dont know whats best??

Old 05-05-2008, 07:38 AM

283racin
i was able to find fairings on ebay when i needed them...they were oem, so i really don't know how the aftermarket stuff fits or looks.

**I have an entire set of OEM Honda F4 fairings and a tank. The sad thing is I have to find it.I put it on a pallet in my warehouse and stashed it, butI haven't looked for it in a year...so I know it will take some searching. It isYellow, Y-160. It is the Tank, Side Fairings (L&R), Tail, Upper Cowl. Let me know if you are interested in the whole set.

ssjnimma
there is a company on the web called www.replicals.com this guy should have the decal set. i used them a couple years ago. i don't know how the price compares out there, but i have had no problems with the decals i put on myself.

hani

Old 05-05-2008, 07:57 AM

thanks cbrcamel for that link. It will be a great place to get the decals once i get a new flairing piece. So do you think ebay is the best bet for getting that piece??

Old 05-05-2008, 08:21 AM

for the fairing, either ebay or the forum...everyone is real helpful here. which fairing do you need (R,L,upper,tail..?)

Old 05-05-2008, 09:39 AM

ya i was lookin on ebay to and could only find the f4i one or it said f4 and below that it said pgfi or something...it didnt look oem. camel you do that light yet??

Old 05-05-2008, 09:50 AM

i took off the light, and was going to start messing with it. Did you and Playful God do the same mod? post a picture of your tail light in the day light...PlayfulGods is interesting, i want to see what yours looks like

i might either do the tail light, or add LED's onto the fender that I am making. whatever, i do...i have to do it soon. it's getting to nice to be working on bikes vs riding it!

Old 05-05-2008, 12:04 PM

Well I figuredI would ask because my bike got backed into yestraday and the whole side is scratched and the side fairing is cracked. Mine has been painted black so it looks horrible now and where its been painted the paint on the tail has cracked and done all kinds of things. It was like this whenI got it and had already repainted it because i bought it salvage and fixed the bike back up.. So now im pretty much where i started from and already burnt out on trying to sand and fix all of the stuff on it since i just did it like last month. Im not sure what the insurance company will do if they will total it or give me money to get fairings or fix mine or whatI really dont know because ive never been in this situation. Oh and cbrcamel could you send me a message on how much you would want for yours if you found them and do you remember what kind of shape there in? Thanks alot

Old 05-05-2008, 07:28 PM

im looking for the right fairing.

black would be great... cuz the fairing is black with the red decal set. But at this point any good condition fairing would be great.

Old 05-05-2008, 08:45 PM

yea i would keep checking on ebay. the lowers usually go for a decent price. Uppers are rediculous..lol

Quick Reply: fairings