CBR 600F4 1999 - 2000 Honda CBR 600F4 Forum

exhaust and cct ?s

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2011, 05:11 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default exhaust and cct ?s

ok i have a few ?s ok would a bad cct make my bike sound like its rattling in the front end and if so where do i pick one up at....and second i was wanting some new exhaust would it be worth it to but a header too and a slip on or just get the slip on?

Old 03-08-2011, 06:54 PM

Originally Posted by mbrown22
ok i have a few ?s ok would a bad cct make my bike sound like its rattling in the front end and if so where do i pick one up at....and second i was wanting some new exhaust would it be worth it to but a header too and a slip on or just get the slip on?
1st question, yes it would. Right side specifically. search for APE manual CCT on ebay/google.

2nd question, what is your goal? I personally feel that any horse power upgrades for a street bike are pointless. A slip on will give you a new sound if that is what you want. Headers will give you a small horse power boost, IF your bike is jetted properly. The jetting takes a good deal of money or time to do right, and in my opinion its just not worth it. What are you going to do with 3-4 more HP? Win motoGP?

People who dump a couple of grand into a 600cc bike for a few extra HP should have just spent an extra 2,000 dollars for a liter bike.

Old 03-08-2011, 07:28 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^ Well said on both counts.

Old 03-08-2011, 07:35 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

If you're not mechanically inclined, have your old CCT replaced w/a new factory CCT.

Slip on cans are a matter or preference. Regardless of your take, most any new slip-on will weigh considerably less than stock...& that *is* a plus.

Old 03-08-2011, 08:34 PM

Originally Posted by Dissevered
What are you going to do with 3-4 more HP? Win motoGP?
LMAO So true but it is fun to surprise a GSXR750 every now and then.

Old 03-08-2011, 10:42 PM

Originally Posted by gotcbr
If you're not mechanically inclined, have your old CCT replaced w/a new factory CCT.
I can't agree with that. An New OEM CCT will not even work as the bike ages. The worn oil pump will fail to supply a strong enough oil pressure.

Manual CCT is probably the easiest fix for your bike. If you can use a wrench, and can squirt gasket sealer out of a tube, you can change and adjust your CCT.

Old 03-08-2011, 10:55 PM

thanks guys yea i dont really care about the whole HP thing just want a diffrent sound i have a scorpion can on it now and was lookin at the two brothers can i like the way it looks too..but thanks alot ill look for the cct tonight on ebay

Old 03-09-2011, 11:13 AM

I can't agree with that. An New OEM CCT will not even work as the bike ages. The worn oil pump will fail to supply a strong enough oil pressure...
^^^I can't agree w/ your assessment. Unless the engine is in a complete state of disrepair, needing a complete rebuild or overhaul, etc, a factory new CCT will work as well as it should.

The APE manual CCT is a very nice product & works very well *if* you are mechanically inclined & can install it properly, can adjust it properly, & can maintain it. Again, its a nice product & has good reputation for quality & service.

To the OP, you can't go wrong w/ either product.

Also to the OP, the advice/info given in all these posts is worth exactly what you have paid for it. Do your due diligence and thoroughly research the issue to come to your own conclusions to what you want to use.

Good luck w/ whatever you install or have installed.

Old 03-09-2011, 12:03 PM

^^^I can't agree w/ your assessment. Unless the engine is in a complete state of disrepair, needing a complete rebuild or overhaul, etc, a factory new CCT will work as well as it should.
8 years ago I installed an OEM CCT only to have it not fully take away the rattling. I was told by a honda mechanic how the CCT works and that with 30,000 miles on the bike the oil pressure has dropped, reducing the effectiveness of the OEM hydraulic CCT.

So what you are trying to say is that 8 years ago, 25,000 miles ago, and hours upon hours of beating the **** out of my bike at the track, it needed a complete rebuild and overhaul? Coulda fooled the others when they had trouble keeping up on their liter bikes. :P

Sorry but lower oil pressure does not mean you need a complete overhaul, and doesn't even mean you need a new pump. The F2 CCT's are crappy and only last so long, and at some point don't do their job at all. There is no point in replacing it with another OEM CCT.

The APE manual CCT is a very nice product & works very well *if* you are mechanically inclined & can install it properly, can adjust it properly, & can maintain it. Again, its a nice product & has good reputation for quality & service.
It doesn't need maintained, I have not had to touch my manual CCT in 8 years. As for mechanically inclined to install it? Cmon, you are scaring the guy. Its a couple of bolts, and to adjust it is 1 bolt that you need to tightened until the rattling goes away. It takes more work to change an air filter than to change your CCT.

Old 03-09-2011, 12:21 PM

So what you are trying to say...
Nope, what I'm saying is, I agree to disagree. That simple.

Your experience is your own & is not all inclusive of every situation.

Its up to the OP to determine the best course of action that is right for him based on his own research. Our views/opinions/feedback simply give him a good starting point to evaluate options for his own decision.

To that, I wish the OP the best in his decision.

As far as I'm concerned, we've made our respective points based on our own experiences. Any further discussion only serves to clutter the thread w/o benefit. Therefore, I conclude my discussion in this thread & wish you a good day.

Quick Reply: exhaust and cct ?s