CBR 600F4 1999 - 2000 Honda CBR 600F4 Forum

a dog on a f4?

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2009, 03:57 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default a dog on a f4?

You guys ever seen a dog on a sportbike. i only know of one. and the guy and dog live in australia and ride a busa. I'm about to take a 1 month trip across the us. and i have to take my dog to family friends next to the family farm in middle of nowhere ky. they have a dog kennel big enough for cattle. i just built a rear rack for extra storage on the bike for this trip. out of 1" sq tube and i made it 12"x12" with 5" tall legs to clear my saddle baggs and to still see the brake light. i trying to convince my father to take my dog down cause i want to take a differnt route. which may still happen. but i have also wanted to take my dog with me on a motorcycle for about 3 years now. my only concern is the loudness of my D&D pipe. hurting his ears. the rack can hold atleast 220lbs. i sat on the thing and bounced around and it didnt bend at all.

Name:  bronx1.jpg
Views: 28
Size:  48.0 KB
Name:  rearrack.jpg
Views: 52
Size:  50.5 KB

Old 06-14-2009, 01:32 PM

lol your crazy get a car cause your dog wont survive that trip

Old 06-14-2009, 03:05 PM

I don't think I'd leave the dog loose on the back, but there are pet carriers made for motorcycles. My co-worker takes her dog on her motorcycle in a special pet carrier made to attach to her back seat.

Old 06-14-2009, 04:01 PM

pet carriers are for untrained animals my dog is trained and i work with every day besides
hes to affaid to jump down(too high) but also i will put a leash on him any way. he loves the bed of a pick up.

i seen a malumate on a 2 ft sg board with astro turff riding at 90mph on a harley(loving it)

this guy been touring the us for awhile
Name:  Heavy-Load-Plus-Dog.jpg
Views: 33
Size:  34.0 KB

this guy who has been on the road for over 3 years with a pitbull in a side car.
http://theoasisofmysoul.com/

one guy rode a klr for flordia down to the southern tip of south america with a toy size
dog in a tank bag.
http://www.motoroads.com/story_lew_na.html

and this guy put his dogs on sportbikes
this video is of tex(human) and cash(dog) cash has since passed away and hes has a nother dog name bundy and has the dog on a busa. he says that he has the dog tied to him at all times.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJ2iD...eature=channel

haha the guy has a myspace.
http://www.myspace.com/texandbundy

just kinda funny to me

Last edited by limpy88; 06-14-2009 at 04:04 PM.
Old 06-14-2009, 06:35 PM

What I was thinking was that the dog would need something to prevent it from sliding; not that it would jump. All I have to compare it to is my iguana that likes riding in my truck. If he doesn't have something non-slick to be on, he slides clear across the truck until he thumps into something when I turn.

I watched the video of the dog on the tank, and that seemed amazing that the dog didn't slip during turns. A side car makes sense for a pet to me. Even my iguana could handle something like that. ;-) Actually, he'd probably like that a lot. He likes to puff up and shake his head at cars we pass when in the truck, and a bike has far more passing ability than my truck does....but then...he'd probably also poo in the side car. (blahhhh)

Let us know how it goes with having your dog as a passenger.

Old 06-15-2009, 01:01 PM

My buddy has a smaller dog that rides with him around town it will just stand on the tank anything out of town and he will put him in a tank bag with the top unzipped.

Old 06-15-2009, 02:32 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I bring my dog when I'm out of town on the bike for more than a day on the back of my bike. I have a little jack russell and I use a carrier I got online. It's the roadhound brand like this but I can't find the site. Anyway, I had to cut it in half and stretch it about 6 inches so she could fit in, but it works well and she got used to it after the first couple trips.

I'll see about getting some pics up, thought it looks like its about to rain... maybe after work tomorrow..

Wish my dog was as badass as cash... though I would worry too much about her being on the tank, and I think she'd hate it..

Last edited by chuckbear; 06-15-2009 at 02:40 PM.