CBR 600F4 1999 - 2000 Honda CBR 600F4 Forum

Does not want to run!

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2008, 05:03 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Does not want to run!

I have a 2000 f4. When i start the bike i have to hold the throttel for it to even idle at 1000 rpm. I can twist the throttle all the way and it just wants to sit at 1000 when it finally revs to around 5000 i put it in gear let out the clutch and the bike just cuts out. I also smell a strong gas smell coming from the exhaust and every once and a while it will shoot a fireball. The bike sounds as if it is only running on 3 cylinders. Can anyone help with this issue. Also could it be the (CCT)? Thanks

Old 08-24-2008, 05:51 PM
Default RE: Does not want to run!

Check to make sure the throttle is opening right and that there are no vacuum leaks. Check your spark plugs to make sure they are getting a good spark. Run some seafoam though the carbs. Check your air filter and hoses to make sure nothing is clogged. That should cover all of the easy to fix stuff. If all that looks OK then something might be wrong with the motor.

Old 08-25-2008, 12:28 PM

have you adjusted your idle? how long have you had the bike? ever messed with the carbs? is your choke on? let me know

Old 09-01-2008, 01:34 AM

Now the bike will not even start it just turns over. Its getting spark. I dont know what the deal is.

Old 09-01-2008, 04:54 AM

Clean the carbs. I had the same problem when I bought my bike. Give the carbs, especially that small idle/slow jet a good thorough cleaning. If you need help just ask. Try starting it by spraying fuel from a spray bottle directly into the intake stacks. If it starts then chances are your carbs are clogged up. That or the fuel pump is dead, check it by disconnecting the fuel line after the pump and try starting the bike, if fuel comes out in small pulses then it's fine. If not then...well it's bad lol. It will sound really ****ty like you said (on 3 cylinders) if the carbs are full of crud...especially that idle jet. It's so small a fishing line won't fit through it making it easily clogged. Good luck.