CBR 600F4 1999 - 2000 Honda CBR 600F4 Forum

does anyone have jardine carbon fiber rt one slipon?

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2008, 09:11 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default does anyone have jardine carbon fiber rt one slipon?

whats up guys. i just got my carbon fiber jardine rt 0ne slipon exhaust today from a online store on ebay but am having a issue. the muffler looks good but the mid pipe that came with it looks like it is made out of galvanized steel. this is the material they make fence posts out of. i was asuming that this would be polished aluminum like the tip of the muffler is. did they pack a dirt bike mid pipe in there or something? did any of you guys have this exhaust, let me know and take a pic. do you think i should call jardine and see if they can do something for me? thanks guys

Old 11-20-2008, 01:44 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: does anyone have jardine carbon fiber rt one slipon?

Call the place you got the pipe from and ask them. If you are not satisfied I'm sure they will let you return it and they will replace it. I have the aluminum RT-1 and it is great. I just happen to have a pic. Hope it helps.

Name:  P5092194.jpg
Views: 24
Size:  132.8 KB

Old 11-20-2008, 04:54 PM

My mid pipe looked like *** too. I just ended up sanding it down from 120g ending up at 800g. It turned out sweet, really nice shiny brushed look to it. It'll be a constant battle to keep it looking that way because it is steel but oh well it doesn't take very long to do it anyway. I wish I could get the exhaust all with a thin enough wall that it would get that heat tempered blue look. Now that would look bad ***!

Old 11-21-2008, 02:12 AM

thanks for the replies guys. i called jardine and spoke to rep. he said thatthe mid pipesare made out of titanium or stainless steel but they dont polish them. he said something about it can weaken something or something to that nature. i cant hardly remember. its gay and false advertising cause they show pics of them on the bikes and they look good. it can be polished though and look really shiny i just have to take some time. thanks guys