CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   CBR 600F4 (https://cbrforum.com/forum/cbr-600f4-18/)
-   -   DIY steering stab... anybody done one? (https://cbrforum.com/forum/cbr-600f4-18/diy-steering-stab-anybody-done-one-134698/)

Stellarcbr 02-21-2012 11:19 AM

DIY steering stab... anybody done one?

I'm looking at putting on a steering stab on my F4, I don't know that I want a top mount, and I'm sure that I don't want to spend a lot of money on one. I don't race, or stunt or anything, I'd just like the steering to be a bit tighter. Has anybody done a DIY for a stab? From what I've seen there's top mount rotary styles, top mount tube styles and lower mounted tube styles, which I think I would prefer. I did a bit of digging around here and some people say it's cheaper to buy gixxer one of eBay than one of the universal ones. Any thoughts? Or better yet, any pictures?

armyjeffries 02-21-2012 03:15 PM

replying to subscribe for the answer. I don't have it, but am interested in what comes up.

Chrisb319 02-21-2012 07:26 PM

interested aswell.

Boyo 02-23-2012 07:44 PM

GPR Stabilizer - Steering damper available for sportbikes, dirtbikes & ATVs

makes one for the f4. Its what I use

gotcbr 02-23-2012 09:08 PM

I *know* there's a thread/post on here somewhere, where a guy did make his own but I can't locate it.

Stellarcbr 02-24-2012 08:22 AM

Originally Posted by Boyo (Post 1134808)

The point of this exercise is to avoid spending $500, and preferably for me not have a gargantuan contraption on top of the tree. However if I was going to build a track bike, I would probably go this route because I'm sure they would be a way better stab.

Boyo 02-24-2012 09:02 AM

Originally Posted by Stellarcbr (Post 1134956)
The point of this exercise is to avoid spending $500, and preferably for me not have a gargantuan contraption on top of the tree. However if I was going to build a track bike, I would probably go this route because I'm sure they would be a way better stab.

Look dude no point in being an ass. I was just telling you what I've done... Now with that said you can buy the mounts from them and find the actual stabilizer online for much less like craigs list or ebay. all the stablizers are universal.

I know the mount from the tank is $90 bucks..

I have a 05 1000rr front end so I dunno how much the mount for the f4 tripple tree is.

O btw I got my stablizer for $140....

so lets see 90+ 140= 500?

Stellarcbr 02-24-2012 10:03 AM

Originally Posted by Boyo (Post 1134964)
Look dude no point in being an ass. I was just telling you what I've done... Now with that said you can buy the mounts from them and find the actual stabilizer online for much less like craigs list or ebay. all the stablizers are universal.

I know the mount from the tank is $90 bucks..

I have a 05 1000rr front end so I dunno how much the mount for the f4 tripple tree is.

O btw I got my stablizer for $140....

so lets see 90+ 140= 500?

Retail is $495 + tax and shipping, that's where the $500 came from. I think it's great that you got a good deal on one, if I found one for a good price I would consider buying it too. I even mentioned that the GPR is probably a better stab, but the idea behind this thread was to see if anybody has done a DIY. No intention to offend you.

Boyo 02-24-2012 10:27 AM

Originally Posted by Stellarcbr (Post 1134985)
Retail is $495 + tax and shipping, that's where the $500 came from. I think it's great that you got a good deal on one, if I found one for a good price I would consider buying it too. I even mentioned that the GPR is probably a better stab, but the idea behind this thread was to see if anybody has done a DIY. No intention to offend you.

Same here man.. Sorry.. you can buy the mounts from them and not the stab... and just keep trolling for a deal on the stab