Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2007, 06:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]

Old 01-30-2007, 06:39 PM
Default RE: Rookie questions on CBR 600F 2000

It is common to hear some brake drag with new brakes. Just to be sure you could loosen the axle bolts on the forks a touch, rock the bike back and forth and tighten them back up.
I dont know what "light" switch would be on the right clip on. Usually they are on the left. The right should have the starter button and the kill switch. The left clip on has the horn, blinkers, and high beam/low beam.
As for the kill switch, I rarely use it so my answer to you is leave it in the "On" position. I use the key all the time.
As for the last one, who knows. The "ultima" is probably a European version or something. That site has some goofy models on there.

Old 01-31-2007, 08:49 AM

i just bought one last nite.... a 2000 f4!.... high five

i hear a light brake drag as well... but the brakes arent new... the whole bike has 10k miles.

Old 01-31-2007, 01:22 PM

The light dragging sound is fine as long as you do not feel them "grabbing" the bike when you are not applying the brakes. As for you light switch...just like gixxereater said....there should not be anything for the lights on the right clip on. If there is, that is some aftermarket add on. Take a picture of it and post it....be interesting to see. As far as the kill switch.....never used it on any of my bikes. I just turn the key on and off. Do not know if one way is better for the bike than the other....but I have not had any starter related problems with any of my bikes using the key.

Congradulation on the new bike. You bought a good one. Just take care of her and respect her power and you will have a great time. Be safe and stay upright.

Old 01-31-2007, 01:48 PM

Its fine to use the kill switch to turn off your bike. In fact, MSF classes reccommend that method. Come to a stop, kill switch to off, steering column lock position with the key, go about your business. Which to answer your question means, leaving the kill switch in the off position until you are ready to ride again.

Old 01-31-2007, 01:49 PM

Hi, I have a CBR600F(Y) myself, the answers as far as I know are:

1). As gixxereater said I think it's just the new pads, though I would keep an eye on it.

2). The 3 positions of the light switch on the right handle bar are; off, side lights and dip/full beam.

3). It doesn't matter which you do for the kill switch, I always leave it at off once the bike is off and put it back on when I start up as a habbit.

4). The F4 and Ultima light are the same performance wise just that the F4 is the American model name and the Ultima light (F-Y) is the European model name. Parts of the bikes do vary between the models and you'll find that the European version as standard has a pillion grab handle where as the American doesn't have one as standard. There are differences in the models for the year, such as the Californian model which is altered to comply with the Californian regulations. The Californian model is 1kg heavier (2.2lbs) with a dry weight of 170kg compared to the European model and the model for the other states which are 169kg. The idle speeds are different for each of the bikes, the Ultima light (F-Y) is set at 1200 rpm +/- 100 rpm, the F4 non-Californian model is set at 1300rpm +/- 100rpm and the Californian model is set at 1400 rpm +/-100rpm. Also the service intervals for various parts vary between the models such as the F4 chain should be checked every 500miles and the European Ultima light (F-Y) should be checked every 600 miles. There may be some other differences but those are the ones which I've noticed so far.

I hope that helps

Old 02-01-2007, 10:36 AM
Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]

Old 02-01-2007, 11:56 AM

ORIGINAL: *PHOENIX*

Hi, I have a CBR600F(Y) myself, the answers as far as I know are:

1). As gixxereater said I think it's just the new pads, though I would keep an eye on it.

2). The 3 positions of the light switch on the right handle bar are; off, side lights and dip/full beam

3). It doesn't matter which you do for the kill switch, I always leave it at off once the bike is off and put it back on when I start up as a habbit.

4). The F4 and Ultima light are the same performance wise just that the F4 is the American model name and the Ultima light (F-Y) is the European model name. Parts of the bikes do vary between the models and you'll find that the European version as standard has a pillion grab handle where as the American doesn't have one as standard. There are differences in the models for the year, such as the Californian model which is altered to comply with the Californian regulations. The Californian model is 1kg heavier (2.2lbs) with a dry weight of 170kg compared to the European model and the model for the other states which are 169kg. The idle speeds are different for each of the bikes, the Ultima light (F-Y) is set at 1200 rpm +/- 100 rpm, the F4 non-Californian model is set at 1300rpm +/- 100rpm and the Californian model is set at 1400 rpm +/-100rpm. Also the service intervals for various parts vary between the models such as the F4 chain should be checked every 500miles and the European Ultima light (F-Y) should be checked every 600 miles. There may be some other differences but those are the ones which I've noticed so far.

I hope that helps
my f4 doesnt have a an OFF position for the lights.... its either low beam or high...

Old 02-01-2007, 06:41 PM

Bigjoe the F4 usually has a switch for high and low beam on the left handle bar controls on the top of the block of switches, the right handle bar has a switch with 3 positions which is the switch above the engine start switch, this is the one with the off, sidelights and full/dip beam options. Though I have seen a pic on google of the F4 without this, which is what you have.

Old 02-01-2007, 07:38 PM
Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]

Quick Reply: [Deleted]