CBR 600F4 1999 - 2000 Honda CBR 600F4 Forum

customizing front and rear blinkers

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2005, 09:25 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default customizing front and rear blinkers

hello people,
thanks for reading up on this post. I Just bought a 99 honda cbr and the thing didnt come with functioning brake lights (i checked the bulb and it looked fine), it also didnt come with the liscense plate bracket compartment and rear turn signals. I was wondering if I should replace the missing stock liscense plate bracket and stock turn signals or just buy some universal flush mount blinkers and mount them on the sides of the back seat? Would I be hassled by COPS if I do this, meaning is it illegal? My bike didnt come with front functioning turn signals as well. What it came with was just front turn signals with no bulbs or wiring to it. So now im going to run a new set to the relay after I buy blinkers, but does the stock turn signals have 2 wires running to them or 3? Basically, double filament or single? Last thing is a tranny problem I believe, when I switch to second while driving and get to somewhere around 5000 to 5500 rpm the bike slips( kinda like a hiccup/stall)and then jump back into gear and does fine throughout the rpm range and fine in the rest of the gears. My friend said it sounded like I double clutched it but I didnt. The seller stated that it slips on 2nd on its own not with clutch and that is whats happening. Any ideas why this is happening anyone? So many problems w/first bike,
99 red/black cbr f4

Old 12-11-2005, 03:33 PM
Admin Emeritus & MVN
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: customizing front and rear blinkers

The 2nd gear problem sounds like the shift fork in the tranny -- if it's that it won't get better and the only two options are to baby it in 2nd gear (and it'll last indefinitely) or have it repaired which requires splitting the cases. It could also be worn clutch pads or springs -- usually those symptoms start in first and go up a gear as the components wear more.

I've used flush mounts front and back and never been hassled by Johnny Law -- well, not hassled for that anyway I suspect that your front blinks used to be marker lights just because that's the way most stock bikes are. You can either wire them back that way or just wire them for blinkers. I don't know that it's a legal requirement to have markers but if you ride at night they do make you a bit more visible.

Good luck with your bike -- sounds like you have a winter project

Old 12-11-2005, 09:20 PM

Winter project indeed, im already all over ebay looking for the flush blinkers and some rear brake lights.. Still wondering if the stock blinkers are single or double filament? Thanks for responding so quick chainstretcher.. you are my idle..lol

Old 12-13-2005, 01:54 PM

The stock signals are 3-wires.

I have a set of rear signals and the license plate bracket if you want it. I'll make you a deal that you can't pass up considering that they are just sitting in a box.

I sent you an email.