CBR 600F4 1999 - 2000 Honda CBR 600F4 Forum

Crashed my "BRAND NEW 2006 CBR 600 F41"

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2009, 09:44 PM
KLO
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i kno it wont make you feel any better....but i dropped my bike 3 times since i bought her used.

one was inexperience wit riding, dropped the clutch by accident and then grab the front brake in panic.

second was when my shoelace was caught on the shifter...(i shoulda tucked them in)

and third was in my driveway on the dirt when i was just moving it.

it happens to all of us....gotta be really careful

Old 04-27-2009, 10:21 PM

Originally Posted by goodboy718
thank you for the positive motivation and comments
I didn't mean to sound like an *** man.. I meant a pair of Powers race Rails.. They have saved my bike twice!

Old 04-28-2009, 03:14 AM
Official CBRF Welcome Crew Undercover Agent
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ah don't worry about it, that'll buff right out, lol. But seriously, it's not too bad. You were going to do mods to it anyways. Just keep an eye out on e-Bay every so often and when you see a part you need at a good price, get it. A couple of weeks ago, I saw a fairing the same exact color as yours, in pretty good shape too.

Old 04-28-2009, 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by yog182
I didn't mean to sound like an *** man.. I meant a pair of Powers race Rails.. They have saved my bike twice!
sorry bout that brother thanks for the info. CBR Riders stick together

Old 04-28-2009, 07:00 PM

Originally Posted by KLO
i kno it wont make you feel any better....but i dropped my bike 3 times since i bought her used.

one was inexperience wit riding, dropped the clutch by accident and then grab the front brake in panic.

second was when my shoelace was caught on the shifter...(i shoulda tucked them in)

and third was in my driveway on the dirt when i was just moving it.

it happens to all of us....gotta be really careful
i learned that the hard way lol. i went down the same day i bought it but i got up and kept riding now i have the riding bug CBR for life

Old 04-28-2009, 07:03 PM

Originally Posted by Incognito
Ah don't worry about it, that'll buff right out, lol. But seriously, it's not too bad. You were going to do mods to it anyways. Just keep an eye out on e-Bay every so often and when you see a part you need at a good price, get it. A couple of weeks ago, I saw a fairing the same exact color as yours, in pretty good shape too.
imma keep my eyes on ebay. searching for things on ebay is a PAIN lol. i have a new hobby CBR mods

Old 04-28-2009, 08:51 PM

man that's nothing...only when you got zip ties holding half the fairing on can you gripe lol...put some money towards gear because you'll want that more than a shiny new side fairing when you're sliding across the asphalt at 40mph. My F4 was my first bike ever bought...course i took the MSF course before hand but I went down(only time so far) in a corner at 50+mph(made the huge mistake of braking with the front brake mid corner...shifts all the weight to the front tire and it just can't handle that kind of load, nice physics lesson lol)...had my gear so i was fine but man it hurt both pride and my ****in hip lol...couldn't hardly walk afterwards. Brush up on as much motorcycling technique and physics as you can, read twist of the wrist I and II by keith code...there's a lot of **** in there that msf never really covers. I'm surprised the MSF course never once mentioned counter steering and clearly explained it...they do their goofy push left, go left but that, to me is a weird way of putting it...only did I read about it online and started doing it consciously out on the road did it click and instantly(yes, seriously it is that pertinent) made me a better rider.

It looks like the fairing can be easily repaired by a body shop. You may even consider it, all mounting tabs look fine, just looks like some rash. They'd remove the decals on it with a heat gun, sand it down and fill any gouges in with filler/bondo. Then spray some black and clear on it. get some new decals and you're golden. Or just find a new/decent used side fairing of the same color combo.

Ride safe.

Old 04-28-2009, 09:17 PM

Originally Posted by Aweasel
man that's nothing...only when you got zip ties holding half the fairing on can you gripe lol...put some money towards gear because you'll want that more than a shiny new side fairing when you're sliding across the asphalt at 40mph. My F4 was my first bike ever bought...course i took the MSF course before hand but I went down(only time so far) in a corner at 50+mph(made the huge mistake of braking with the front brake mid corner...shifts all the weight to the front tire and it just can't handle that kind of load, nice physics lesson lol)...had my gear so i was fine but man it hurt both pride and my ****in hip lol...couldn't hardly walk afterwards. Brush up on as much motorcycling technique and physics as you can, read twist of the wrist I and II by keith code...there's a lot of **** in there that msf never really covers. I'm surprised the MSF course never once mentioned counter steering and clearly explained it...they do their goofy push left, go left but that, to me is a weird way of putting it...only did I read about it online and started doing it consciously out on the road did it click and instantly(yes, seriously it is that pertinent) made me a better rider.

It looks like the fairing can be easily repaired by a body shop. You may even consider it, all mounting tabs look fine, just looks like some rash. They'd remove the decals on it with a heat gun, sand it down and fill any gouges in with filler/bondo. Then spray some black and clear on it. get some new decals and you're golden. Or just find a new/decent used side fairing of the same color combo.

Ride safe.
thanks dude... i wont be riding my bike again until i finish my msf course. yes gear is important too bad i had mine in the house and not on when i was riding lol. live and lkearn i guess. ride on my fellow brother.... CBR 4 LIFE!!!

Old 04-29-2009, 04:31 PM
Default parts on line

Check out Wera Forums and your local craigslist.
Good luck

Old 04-30-2009, 05:14 PM

A&Jcyclesalvage.com has everything in stock. They ship but if your near PA, its worth the ride. It's five minutes from Philadelphia. I just got my front and side fairings there. The front was 200w/windscreen, the side was 70.

Quick Reply: Crashed my "BRAND NEW 2006 CBR 600 F41"