CBR 600F4 1999 - 2000 Honda CBR 600F4 Forum

closed

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2008, 03:45 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default closed

closed - another delima on a bike check out the f3 section this one is only one and a half hours away.

Old 09-18-2008, 05:44 PM
Default RE: Finally found me a bike...

Looks like a good find. The price is about right.

I picked me up mine for under $2,000. Needed a new rear tire, brakes, and a left rear turn signal. Bought it from another state so had to reinspect it and went ahead and replaced the chain and sprocket.

The miles are average but I wouldn't want to pay $3,500 for that. Are the flames stickers or is that actually painted on there? How do the tires look? Also check out the rotors, front and rear.

What was the reason why it was repainted? What is wrecked and then new plastics put on?

I personally had looked for an F4i for sale but around my area they were just out of my price range. Remember the F4 is carburetored while the F4i is fuel injected.

Long as the bike was taken care of, will be about to get a lot more miles out of it.

Sure someone with more experience with the F4s will post up and give you some other pointers.

All the best and keep us updated on what develops.

Old 09-18-2008, 06:09 PM

havent been able to actually go look at it. Its a 5 hrs drive away im getting the dealership to e-mail me photos of various parts and more info and hoping it will not be a trip for nothing. Seeing as how if i go up their im going with the intent to purchase the bike. The bike is also out of state and will need to be re-inspected and such.

Old 09-18-2008, 07:03 PM

That looks like a pretty good deal. I bought mine like 8 months ago for 4k. Only one previous owner never ridden hard or raced. And both owners were in their 40's. So pretty laid back dudes. Had some minor and I mean minor scratches on the orange decal stickers. But not on the paint itself. The suggested retail price at the time was 4150 for excellent condition. It needed new tires but I managed to squeeze 4k miles out of them before the rear tire caught a 6 inch nail. How that happened is beyond me. Another issue is the suspension. It was shot but I didn't know the difference. I wish I did cause I could have talked him down at LEAST 500 more dollars. Other than those two issues the bike was in excellent condition.

Good luck on your buy!

Old 09-18-2008, 07:04 PM

I drove 5 hours to get my bike as well. I live an hour north of Philadelphia and went to Long Island. Everything around me was insanely overpriced for the condition!

Maybe you can work out a deal with the dealer to inspect the bike for you for your state. Can negotiate anything really.

James

Old 09-18-2008, 07:07 PM

Mine was valued by the state at $4,150 as well.

A 6 inch nail, wow!! Thats insane. I can understand a roofing nail or a tack but a 6 incher? WOW!

What was wrong with your suspension?

Old 09-18-2008, 08:26 PM

Yup, I thought when I was pulling it out it was going to be 3 at the most. But that sucker kept coming out. Went for about an 80 mile ride back in NC to Chapel Hill to where motorcycle enthusiasts meet on Sunday mornings from Fayetteville. When we got to chapel hill some guy was looking at my bike. Got down close and heard a hissing sound. No clue how where and when it coulda happened.

My suspension is real loose. When I brake it feels like my forks are close to bottoming out. It has gotten worse since I bought it because I put just about 10k on the bike. No leaky seals or anything. I think they are the OEM forks and shock from when the bike was sold new. No one has changed it since it was bought I assume.

~Dan

Old 09-18-2008, 08:43 PM

So what did you do about the tire for the ride home? Did you just stuff it back in there and keep an eye on it?

Watch out on that ride of your's. Might be time to invest in some new parts.

James

Old 09-18-2008, 09:38 PM

Used a tire repair kit you can buy at any bike shop. I bought mine at cycle gear for 35 bucks. Truthfully I coulda rode on that tire longer with the plug that was put in it. But it was about time for new tires anyway and that gave me a good excuse to buy them.

I'm looking into Race Tech Cartridge Kits for my new forks and shock. Gonna be a bit pricey but it'll be worth it.

~Dan

Old 09-18-2008, 10:16 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I paid 4k for mine 4 years back at 16k miles. They are great bikes if you maintain them. I had to replace myrear shock aswellbut I just converted it to a f4i shock and all was well. You live in AR?

Quick Reply: closed