CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   CBR 600F4 (https://cbrforum.com/forum/cbr-600f4-18/)
-   -   cct 99/00 cbr600f4 (https://cbrforum.com/forum/cbr-600f4-18/cct-99-00-cbr600f4-151519/)

Mike Vogel 04-08-2014 10:14 PM

cct 99/00 cbr600f4

Sorry in advance if this has already been asked but I couldnt find it....

Is it hard to replace the cct my bike is 2000 cbr600f4 wnd has a loud ticking noise seems to go away at higher speeds but is getting louder...threads I have read point out that the tensionor go bad alot in these?? Also if I was to replace it with one from ebay sayd its better then the OME ones....just dont want to get into sometging to exstreem.......or could it be somethimg else...thanks any in put would be helpfull

CJardine 04-09-2014 12:00 AM

Either replace it with an OEM one or an APE Manual CCT. The only time I buy off of ebay is if I know exactly what I want, I don't trust the people on it.

monkee 04-09-2014 10:09 AM

I've just got rid of my rattle. I removed the small bolt on top of the cct, took the old cct out, gave it some duck oil where the small bolt was, wound the mechanism back in and released it a few times,using a small screwdriver, then put the cct back in. I had the small screwdriver to hold the cct wound back up before replacing. Once back in and the allen headed screws were tight again I released the screwdriver and hey presto. This worked for me, how much of a long term fix this is I can't tell you but my pocket enjoyed the sensation.

Pugheaven 04-09-2014 05:26 PM

Originally Posted by monkee (Post 1270329)
I've just got rid of my rattle. I removed the small bolt on top of the cct, took the old cct out, gave it some duck oil where the small bolt was, wound the mechanism back in and released it a few times,using a small screwdriver, then put the cct back in. I had the small screwdriver to hold the cct wound back up before replacing. Once back in and the allen headed screws were tight again I released the screwdriver and hey presto. This worked for me, how much of a long term fix this is I can't tell you but my pocket enjoyed the sensation.

I like your style! :icon_wink:

markybwoi 04-13-2014 04:12 AM

Hi guys im doing this right now but to get to the cct u have to remove the carbs to give u room. Ive release the 4 screws at the bottom of the carbs but they still wont budge any ideas??? Need to get it done today

Thanx

monkee 04-14-2014 12:34 PM

It is a bit stiff getting it to come off. TBH I levered mine off between the frame and the float bowels either side in the end, I just protected the metal parts with a rag to stop the scratching. I'm sure there's better advice on here though. Also when putting back on I used a bit of lube so they slid all the way back on (couldn't get my fuel tank on 1st time around as the air box was a bit too high:icon_doh: )

Mike Vogel 04-14-2014 03:26 PM

Originally Posted by markybwoi (Post 1270733)
Hi guys im doing this right now but to get to the cct u have to remove the carbs to give u room. Ive release the 4 screws at the bottom of the carbs but they still wont budge any ideas??? Need to get it done today

Thanx

Did you get it ? I didnt relize you had to take the carb off to get to it thought just the airfilter houseing and clutch cable would give you enough room...but idk I havent actially done it just watched lots of vids. And ask alot of people.....

Going to do mine really soon.......

markybwoi 04-25-2014 04:31 AM

Originally Posted by Mike Vogel (Post 1270893)
Did you get it ? I didnt relize you had to take the carb off to get to it thought just the airfilter houseing and clutch cable would give you enough room...but idk I havent actially done it just watched lots of vids. And ask alot of people.....

Going to do mine really soon.......

you dont need to take the carbs off, you can just squeeze your hands between the swingarm and frame and with the right tools remove the old one and intall new.

did mine last night took me an hour from start to finish in the end.

gd luck