CBR 600F4 1999 - 2000 Honda CBR 600F4 Forum

CBr 600 f4 gas light problem

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2008, 06:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CBr 600 f4 gas light problem

Hello guys
I have my F4 almost 6 mouths now, and ever since i bought it the gas light did not work. Well i left without gas the second day i bought it and u can imagine how i felt back then. So that is how i found out. My bike has aftermarket signal lights and in this forum i saw that my problem can come from there(wrong connection).
If u have ny ideas please let me know

Old 04-27-2008, 08:04 PM
Default RE: CBr 600 f4 gas light problem

I have the same problem. I just use the trip odometer and fill up every 150 miles. I'd like to know how to check to see if the led on the dash is burnt out.

Old 04-28-2008, 04:43 PM

make sure the fuel petcock isnt on reserve and other than that im boggled

Old 04-28-2008, 09:46 PM

I had a problem with that as well. I found that the connector to the sensor had become disconnected from the bottom of the tank, im assuming from the time i changed the plugs. I know it sounds obvious, but better to check than overlook. I have aftermarket flush mounts too, but ive had no problem with them interfering. Best of luck with it.

Old 04-29-2008, 03:45 PM

I already pulled the tank and checked the connectors on the tank sensor. I thought the petcock was just to switch the fuel on and off. How would it control the reserve tank when it is below the tank and there's only one hose going to it?

Old 04-18-2014, 08:52 PM
Registered Users

the factory service manual tells you to
"disconnect the fuel reserve sensor connectors and short the connector terminals with a jumper wire. turn the ignition switch ON and check the low fuel indicator

-if the indicator comes on, replace the fuel reserve sensor
- if the indicator does not come on, check for an open circuit in brown/black and green/black wires
if they are OK, replace the printed circuit board"

I hope this helps you out. I'm having the same issue. I'm not exactly sure how to short the connectors. what i did was stick a paper clip in them and grounded them. my light didn't come on. so i'm either doing it wrong or i've got an open circuit.

Old 04-19-2014, 02:49 PM
Cool

Originally Posted by jordan36
the factory service manual tells you to
"disconnect the fuel reserve sensor connectors and short the connector terminals with a jumper wire. turn the ignition switch ON and check the low fuel indicator

-if the indicator comes on, replace the fuel reserve sensor
- if the indicator does not come on, check for an open circuit in brown/black and green/black wires
if they are OK, replace the printed circuit board"

I hope this helps you out. I'm having the same issue. I'm not exactly sure how to short the connectors. what i did was stick a paper clip in them and grounded them. my light didn't come on. so i'm either doing it wrong or i've got an open circuit.
Exactly what I was going to say! Nice one... and it happened on mine as well!

Old 04-21-2014, 12:27 PM
Registered Users

Exactly what I was going to say! Nice one... and it happened on mine as well!
did you use paperclips to short the connectors to ground it on the frame aswell? or am i doing that bit wrong?

Old 04-21-2014, 03:14 PM

Originally Posted by jordan36
did you use paperclips to short the connectors to ground it on the frame aswell? or am i doing that bit wrong?
I used paperclip.... as I couldn't find a wire... as long as it's metal... jobs a good un' What's yours doing?

Old 04-23-2014, 12:01 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mines not working either ,do you have to remove the tank to get to the wires to by pass the tank sensor to see if the light works??

Quick Reply: CBr 600 f4 gas light problem