CBR 600F4 1999 - 2000 Honda CBR 600F4 Forum

Can't get bike to run

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2007, 06:20 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can't get bike to run

Hey guys, long time lurker here, but have learned so much from you guys.

So here's the problem:

I bought a 2000 F4 with 10xxx, wrecked and fixed it up. Couldn't get it to start, so I took the carbs out and got them cleaned. The shop that cleaned them said they were the worst looking carbs they've ever seen, and siad that cleaning them should make the bike run. So i put them on and in the mean time, put in new NGK's since they were easy to reach. I tried starting it, the fuel pump primes, the thing cranks, and fuel is definately getting into the carbs. Nothing. Changed out and put in a new, clear inline fuel filter to make sure everyhting was going well. Still nothing. We rolled it down a hill and tried popping the clutch in both 1st and 2nd gear. It would rev up to about 6 grand. I tried giving it gas, but it would rev any higher. I shifted it in neutral after popping it but the thing would jsut die. I reached the point in my skills that I just don't know what the hell could be wrong with. Some additional info - the guages do light up properly, as does the headlight, and I have an aftermarket undertail, which also works properly. You guys have definately gotten some other bikes up and running, so Im really hoping that someone can help me.

P.S. Ill get some pics up of my ride whenever I get back home.

Old 06-28-2007, 06:35 PM
Default RE: Can't get bike to run

The reving up to 6 grand thing makes me think that you may have a vacuum line that isn't attached properly.

Old 06-30-2007, 09:10 AM

I'll check that and get back to you guys, anybody else have any clues.

Old 07-23-2007, 01:12 PM

Just to let everyone know I got it up and running. I think that I had my one spark plug wire loose. I guess when i checked it all again i thightened everything good. It still took a while to fix cause the engine was flooded, but i got it. Thanks.